Like Living In The Past...

Chapter Twelve... Like Living In The Past...

Marissa's POV

I was unsure how to process the information I had been given.

Once upon a time I was a scared teenager who'd just told her parents she was pregnant. Now, almost seventeen years later, I was sitting in front of my sixteen year old daughter who had just told me the exact same thing. I didn't really know how to react, because my first instinct was anger.

But no. I couldn't get angry at Christina. She'd told me what happened, and I felt new anger. But instead, my anger was directed to her father, Kyle. My ex.

Such an ass.

A knock at the door startled both of us. I stood up and walked over, and almost fell over in shock when I saw who was on the other side.

Kyle.

No. Freaking. Way. So his daughters had managed to lure him back here? But how?

"Kyle," I breathed.

"Hello, Rissa," he smiled, that familiar smile that used to have me head over heels in love with him. "Long time, no see."

"Bu--" I couldn't manage to form any full words.

"You came!" I heard Christina walk up behind me. For a moment, I'd forgotten she was in the room. Totally forgotten. I was too stunned to even move.

"Of course I came, Christina," Kyle smiled as she walked up and hesitantly hugged him. He hesitated, too. But they soon were a father and a daughter bonding.

"Why... are you... here?" I managed to breathe out.

"Rissa, I came to see you and our daughters," he winked. "Of course, I'm assuming that Christina told you everything?"

"Yeah," I gasped.

"Mommy, breathe," Christina came and stood in front of me. "I know you're in shock, but I need to talk to you and dad, and I'm sure you can talk to him, right?"

I took a deep breath in and out. Then I gave a weak smile.

"Let's uh... let's sit down," I gestured towards the lounge.

Christina walked over and sat down. I took the single seat I'd been sitting in before, and Kyle sat down next to Christina.

"Christie, your father and I... we should talk alone," I said, eyeing him. "There's a lot we need to discuss."

"Uhm... you're only gonna be talking about me and my baby," she rolled her eyes.

"Christie, please?" I pleaded.

"Okay, I'll go make sure Bee's not arguing with Brad over the phone," Christina stood up and walked over to the stairs. I turned back to Kyle.

"I'm surprised you came," I admitted.

"A part of me is, but I hate that I was so bad to all of you," he sighed. "You didn't deserve my shit treatment."

"Are you only here because Christie's pregnant?" I questioned.