When You Screw Up... Again!

Chapter Fifteen... When You Screw Up... Again!

Brea's POV

After my two week suspension from school, I was finally allowed to go back after mom had endured a meeting with the principal who just so happened to hate me.

But after mom had told the principal about Christina's pregnancy, it was safe to say he didn't like her anymore, either.

"Why did you have to tell him?!" Christina shouted angrily at mom the following morning. "You could have kept it to yourself! I was going to talk to him about it myself... When I started showing, and I didn't have a choice."

"Christie, he asked me why you'd had a few days off school all over the place recently, and the half day from the ultrasound you had," mom tried to explain. "And also, he'd heard the rumours about you and Cody, and he said you'd been acting odd. At least now he knows, and it will help you."

"I highly doubt it," Christina scowled. "I was a honour student, and he liked me for that. Now, what am I? The freak that everybody's gonna talk about?! Girls at our school rarely get pregnant, mom!"

"Honey, you can't hide a pregnancy from anyone!" Mom tried to reason. "And it is not my fault that you lied to me and that you were even at that party to begin with! If you hadn't lied to me, Christina, you probably wouldn't be pregnant. While it isn't entirely your fault, given that you don't remember most of the night, you still did it. Your actions have consequences, honey. And just remember... That consequence affects me, too. And your sisters."

"She could always ground you for getting pregnant," I said in an amused tone. Christina almost never argued with mom.

"Oh, bite me, Brea," Christina muttered sourly, slumping back in her chair.

"Hey, I got grounded because I got suspended," I pointed out.

"You punched your ex in the face at school!" Christina exclaimed loudly.

"He cheated on me!" I cried. "He deserved that, you know!"

"Girls, knock it off!" Mom scowled. "God, it's like pitting hormones against hormones! Brea, can you clean up your room and actually make your bed before you go to school? I busted my ass two weeks ago to clean that pig sty up and it's the same again! Christina, can you load the dishwasher please? I'm taking Tibby with me again today."

"Do you think you'd have been as accepting of things if it had've been me that was pregnant, mom?" I questioned her.

"Yeah, because I treat you all the same," mom answered. "Even if it was Tibby... Well, maybe. If she was sixteen."

"I'll kill Tibby if she's pregnant at sixteen," Christina said under her breath, not loud enough for mom to hear.

"Ditto," I replied with a small nod.

"I'll see you girls this afternoon, alright?" Mom smiled.

"Bye mom, bye Tib," I muttered, waving lazily at them.

Christina got up and loaded the dishwasher. I sat and lazily watched her.

"Aren't you gonna clean your room, Bee?" She asked me with a small frown.

"Nope," I answered. "It's fine the way it is."

"You're so lazy sometimes," Christina rolled her eyes. "Come on, then. Let's go to school already. I wanna enjoy it before everybody knows I'm pregnant."

"You're only eight weeks pregnant, so I'd say you're safe," I shrugged. "We'll take my car today."

"Fine," she sighed, running upstairs to grab her school bag.

It was a relatively silent ride to school.

Ever since Christina had found out that she was pregnant, she'd become really quiet. I think she was afraid to talk about the baby, really. Cody had tried to be there for her, but she insisted she only wanted to be friends with him. I knew he liked her, but I didn't want to push her, and neither did he. After all, she was pretty fragile, and once everybody knew about the baby, she'd be even more fragile. I know she was in general a strong person, but this had hit her pretty hard.

I know for certain she'd originally planned to remain a virgin until after high school. So imagine how she must be feeling knowing that not only does she not remember losing her virginity, but she got pregnant as a result, and soon everyone would know that the rumours were true... Christina Knight was pregnant, which meant that she'd had sex with Cody Myer at the party. Which meant that, technically, he had cheated on Chloe.

And things must be awkward enough now, because Christina said that Cody and Chloe and broken off their fake relationship, and that Chloe was on the verge of telling everyone her big secret because she couldn't hold it in any longer.

But what stunned me the most was that she had a crush on me, of all people! Christina believed that she had crushed on me because of my tough girl attitude, and the fact I don't take crap from anybody. Of course, Chloe didn't know I knew that she was a closet lesbian, let alone that I was the girl she had a thing for.

Teenage drama at its' best.

"I'm dreading it," Christina said finally after ten minutes of awkward silence.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Everybody knowing," she sighed. "About the baby."

"Well, just remember that I'll be there to defend you no matter what," I smiled weakly at her. "So will Cody, and you know Chloe will defend you for as long as her secret is kept in the dark."

"But everybody will hate me," she said sadly as I pulled into the student parking lot. "They will all know for sure then that Cody and I hooked up. They're not stupid!"

"Take it from me," I said softly. "Humiliation is not fun, obviously. Brad humiliated me when she screwed around with other girls, and everybody found out about it."

"But you got him back," she chuckled as I turned off the car. "You threw a punch his way, in front of everyone."

"I'm almost certain you won't do that to Cody," I laughed.

"Not even," she giggled.

We got out of the car, and Christina looped her arm in mine like we did sometimes. She usually did this when she had a huge exam, and was incredibly nervous. Not that she ever failed...

Walking into the school, people were watching us. And when we rounded the corner and saw Brad standing there with a girl from the freshman year, I understood why.

"Well, if it isn't my ex," Brad said with a harsh sort of voice. "The bitch that broke my nose."

"Back off, Brad, and leave her alone," Christina warned.

"You know, Christie, everybody always said you were the good one," he smirked at her. "That is, until you went home with another girl's boyfriend and screwed his brains out in his bed. Now you're even more of a slut than your sister here!"

"Go to hell, Brad!" Christina spat at him. "You're so immature. Brea can do a lot better than scum like you!"

I couldn't control it as my fist collided with Brad's jaw, hard. Sadly it hurt a lot, but when he fell to the ground, I knew I'd hurt him too. Good, I thought. He'd just called my sister a slut... Again!

"You bitch!" Brad groaned from the ground.

"You'd think you would've learnt to not call Christie a slut the last time my fist hit your face!" I yelled. "God, I don't know what I ever saw in you!"

"I wouldn't count on him for anything long-term," Christina said to his girlfriend, Tatiana. "He's a liar and a cheater."

"What?" She frowned, looking at him.

"They're lying, baby," Brad scowled at us.

"The only liar here Brad is you," I muttered, and turned to walk away...

The principal, Mr Lawson, stood there. Crap.

"Brea Knight," he said firmly, eyeing me. "You seem to be causing a fair bit of trouble again with Mr Williams over there. Follow me to my office. You too, Christina."

"He called her a slut!" I argued. "You think I should stand there and listen to that crap?!"

"My office, Miss Knight," he mumbled in a bored voice.

"Fine," I muttered angrily.

Once we arrived in Mr Lawson's office, we were instructed to sit down. Christina immediately took a seat, whereas I hesitated for a moment before I slowly sunk into a seat. Mr Lawson eyed me from his own seat.

"You can't punch someone because they call your sister a name," he said calmly. "I overheard what happened, and I can guarantee that Brad Williams will be punished for the name calling. But you still can't be throwing punches, especially since you just came back from a suspension, Miss Knight."

"Okay, I won't hit him again," I sighed.

"I'm not suspending you this time," he informed me. "But if it happens again, rest assured that you will face suspension, and possibly even expulsion, for abusive behaviour. And you will do two weeks worth of after school detention. Got it?"

"Yes, sir," I replied.

"Now, as for you, Christina..." He began, and I watched as she sunk back in her seat nervously.

"Yes, sir?" She breathed, barely audible.

"I had a discussion with your mother yesterday that began about Brea and her return to school," he continued calmly. "Now, in that discussion, she told me about you, and your condition."

"Okay..." Christina mumbled.

"Obviously, it's a hard thing to deal with, and the school would like to help as much as we can when it comes to the behaviours of fellow students when they start to find out," he rambled on. I rolled my eyes, knowing he wasn't watching me.

"So I'm not getting kicked out of school then?" Christina asked.

"The school board would come down on us like a tonne of bricks if we expelled a student simply because she was pregnant," he sighed. "It's the same as in a workplace. It's discrimination. Now, I don't think it's an ideal situation, but it is what it is. As a safety measure, I've informed all of your teachers, but have asked them to not bring it up with you unless they see it necessary. Now, because you're currently taking PE, and for obvious reasons, that's not ideal, we have decided that you can take the class as a free period to study for other classes."

"Okay," Christina nodded, notably less nervous than she was a minute ago.

"Now, with all the appointments that you'll have to attend, and the sick days you've already had, plus the more you probably will, it is your responsibility to keep up with your school work, and to catch up where necessary," he told her. "You are one of our brightest students, however, so I don't see that as a problem. Also, when you decide to leave school to have the baby, you are entitled to continue your studies as a home-school student if that's what you'd like. Do you have any questions?"

"No, sir," Christina shook her head.

"Can we go now?" I asked, getting bored.

"Yes, but you'll be back here no later than 3:30 this afternoon for your detention, Brea," he frowned.

"Fine," I said, leaping out of my seat. Christina followed me quickly out the door.

Running down the walkway towards the school courtyard, Christina turned to me.

"You're lucky he didn't expel you, Brea," she sighed.

"I know," I frowned. "I screwed up yet again."

"I know you're only protecting me, but don't get yourself into trouble for the sake of me and the baby," she smiled weakly. "Mom wouldn't be too happy to have to find you a new school now, would she?"

"No, she'd be pissed," I muttered.

"I love you for protecting us," Christina grinned after a minute. "But no more fighting! It hurts me to see you in trouble, you know! And the baby doesn't want it's aunty Bee in trouble."

"Oh, the baby," I laughed. "No matter what happens, Christie, you're going to be a fantastic mom," I added with a smile.

Christina's face lit up, and we walked off to find some of our friends.

I might have screwed up, but I did it for her. I'd do anything for her and that baby.

That's what sisters are for.