Our Brother

Chapter Eight... Our Brother

Christina's POV

I had let Brea drive for a while, because I was too much of an emtional mess to. Every now and then I'd just randomly burst into tears. Brea rolled her eyes a couple of times, but I know that if she had've been pregnant and not me, she'd be bawling her eyes out.

We had no idea where to go, but we knew that our father had once lived in Seattle. If he still lived there, we would find him.

Hopefully.

But still, there was a major possibility that we would never find him. I mean, the man never exactly told us where he lived, after all. We never asked, either, but he should have told us. The reality was he didn't care about us.

So why did we want to find him?

"Do you ever think that it's possible that this trip is a waste of our time?" I asked, disrupting the silence. The sun was rising in the distance; we'd been driving all night.

"Yes," Brea replied after a minute. "But you... you seem so certain you want to meet him again, so..."

"I do," I said firmly. "But I also want him to want to know us. I mean, he's never bothered to make any contact before, so why are we going to Seattle with the vain hope that our biological father is still living there?"

"Because," Brea gritted her teeth. "I think it's time that daddy not-so dearest got to know the daughters he quite happily abandoned."

"It seems odd that he has three sons, and no other daughters but us," I frowned. "Do you think he rejected us because we were girls?"

"Christie, dad didn't know we were girls until we were born," Brea rolled her eyes. "Mom told me once that she never found out the sex of us until we were born."

"And she's still got the cesearean scar," I remembered faintly. "Oh, God. This is all the stuff I have to look forward to, isn't it?"

"Just because mom had twins and a C-section doesn't mean that you will, Christie," Brea sighed. "I know you're scared shitless, but this is happening."

"I don't know how I'm supposed to feel," I admitted.

"You don't? If mom goes through my room, we're screwed."

"Why? What's in your room?"

"It's where I hid the tests. I was gonna throw them out, but I stashed them quick in case she saw them. But they're under my desk..."

"Oh, if she finds them you're screwed, not me!"

"You think I'll admit they're mine?"

"You have the boyfriend! She knows that you've had sex! I'm single. And pregnant. Oh, she's gonna hate me!"

"Calm down, would you?" Brea looked angry.

"Put yourself in my situation," I said with a frown. "What would you have done if those tests you took the other day were positive?"

"I would have told mom."

"No you wouldn't have."

"Christie, you're running away from it all. You know she'll find out. You know she's gonna be disappointed. Why do you think she'll hate you? And honestly, you should just rip the band aid off. No matter what, she'll be there for you, Christina. She was a pregnant teen herself."