Running From Your Troubles

Chapter Seven... Running From Your Troubles

Brea's POV

It had been a whole twenty-four hours since Christina learnt she was pregnant, and we were both at a loss as to what to do. A part of me wanted to get her to pretend to be me, because I was the twin with the boyfriend and the healthy sex life, whereas Christina was the one who got drunk and slept with some loser who took advantage of her vulnerability.

No matter what, it sucked. People would look down on the both of us...

Mom was at work, Tabitha was at a friends' house, and so it was only Christina and I in the house. I sat watching TV when I heard something noisy coming down the stairs. I looked up to see Christina at the bottom of the stairs, with a suitcase.

"Where are you going?" I asked quietly.

"Anywhere," she shrugged. "All I know is I can't stay here."

"Why not?" I questioned. "Mom could help you, Christie. And Aunt Celia said she would. You can't just run away from this, Christina!"

"Yes, I can," she sighed. "Mom won't help me! She'll probably throw me out! I'm making it easier for her. I can't tell her, Bee! It would hurt her!"

"So would you just running away, no explanation," I frowned.

"I'm not running away, I'm leaving home," she said, heading for the front door. I ran over and stood in front of the door.

"You can't leave us," I said, tears welling in my eyes.

"I can't stay," she said, looking scared.

"Where are you gonna go?" I asked her.

"I'm gonna go find dad," she answered.

"What?" I frowned. This threw me.

"He got mom pregnant when she was seventeen, and he just walked away," Christina said in a rush. "I figure he's got experience with the matter, so he might help me to deal with Cody."

"Cody doesn't even know you're pregnant," I reminded her.

"And he doesn't need to know," she sighed. "I can run away and everyone can pretend I didn't exist. I'll have the baby and give it up for adoption, and come back when I'm seventeen and don't look like I've just had a baby!"

"You're so not thinking clearly," I stated. "You can't hide a pregnancy, Christie. You can hide the fact you had sex, but that's about it."

She stood there for a moment, but then sank to sit on the stairs.

"I won't be a good mom," she breathed.

"You don't know that," I soothed. "I think you'll make a great mom."

"Bee, I got so drunk I don't even remember having sex," she sobbed. "But I'm pregnant, so it obviously happened. I mean, I knew because it hurt to sit down a bit the next day and all that, but still. I'd like to actually remember."

"Just because you got pregnant when you were blind drunk doesn't mean you'll make a bad mother," Brea shrugged. "I think that you'll be strong, and brave, and the best damn mother there is."

"Sure," she rolled her eyes.

"Have faith in yourself, girly," I smiled. "I'm here for you, whatever you need."