Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Maggie

When I said war, I didn't necessarily think things through when I thought it wouldn't feel like it.

Because let me tell you one thing, being at war with Evan Williams, really fucking felt like a battlefield. Not that there was any sort of extreme, rash, actions ever made.

Okay, who am I kidding? Of course, there was. Because when Evan said I got a one-way ticket to hell, boy, did he mean it. Because what I experienced for the past couple of days has been nothing but complete and utter torture.

At first, it was just harmless things such as him barging into the library, which I may remind is my secret hiding spot whenever I need peace and quiet and causing a ruckus with his friends. I didn't even know how he had managed to do that without alarming the librarian.

Then it got more infuriating whenever we're in P.E and he accidentally throws a ball right in my direction. Accidentally my ass.

And every single time he does it he always manages to avoid hitting Levi and Emily considering I sit right next to them, and the ball always gets aimed at me and me only.

Then it got crucial.

More accidents would happen with him obviously asking someone to put their foot out whenever I'm walking in the cafeteria, which happened for five consecutive rows until eventually, I managed to Maze Runner my way out of that shit. With the amount of footwork I did by avoiding tripping during lunch, I might as well have repeated P.E all over again.

If you think that's the end of it all. Oh, you're wrong.

At one point I got my ass glued to almost every single one of my seats in all my classes that I wound up getting several new skirts in replacements for the ones I've torn.

I've also managed to get detention once and scolded by one of my teachers' numerous amounts of times due to snapping at some little punk for repeatedly kicking my seat but somehow, I always end up getting in trouble because Evan, as awfully idiotic he is, was smart enough to order the shyest, most harmless little squirt in my class to mess with me when he wasn't around to do it himself.

Donny Barton. Once this is all over I'm gonna make that little bastard taste his own medicine if it's the last thing that I know.

The same tactics got repeated on most occasions, and for a half, fleeting moment I thought I could get through this. Not until the locker room incident happened.

One time as soon as I finished P.E, I went straight to the gym's locker room to rid myself of my sore muscles with a good shower.

For a split second, I honestly thought I could live through this never-ending torture of being humiliated and almost dislocating a limb every single time I walk out of P.E and other more spiteful, merciless acts Evan had done to me.

Not until that very same day I got into that shower, I ended up with red fucking hair.

Red as a fucking tomato type of red.

I remembered the initial shocked-filled expressions of Levi, Beth, and Emily once they saw me emerging from the gym's locker-room looking like Elmo's distant relative.

From that moment on, the suspicion grew increasingly strong.

"Someone's obviously out to get you!" Beth exclaimed as we walked down the hallways "I mean, seriously? Constantly tripping in the cafeteria? Being glued on your own seats? And at one point looking you were Gerard Way's doppelganger-"