Prologue

"Chin up Kiddo." The smaller skeleton said with a light blush, one of his bony hands being hastily removed from his pocket in order to catch one of her tears. "You'll be just fine." He flashed her a reassuring smile.

"Sans, you're the best!" The human said with a small sniffle. She giggled as the taller of the two skeleton brothers barged in between them.

"HUMAN! I THINK YOU ARE MISTAKEN! THOUGH SANS IS VERY GREAT, HE IS NOT AS AMAZING AS THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" He said with a large, confident smile.

"Oh of course Pap. Nobody is as amazing as you." Frisk giggled as Papyrus beamed, happy he had earned her approval once again. "Hey, uh Pap? Would you mind if I talked to Sans alone? It's very important."

"WHY OF COURSE NOT HUMAN! HAVE FUN! I'LL BE BACK LATER!" and with that Papyrus rushed out the door.

"So, what'd you wanna talk about Kid?" Sans asked, puzzled.

"The timelines Sans....resets."

"Oh...." he took a shaky breath. "Uh, what about 'em?"

"Chara." She replied quickly.

"Kiddo I-" Frisk interrupted, knowing what he was about to say.

"Sans this is a real problem! I know this timeline has worked out so far, but....what if she comes back!?" She covered her face.

Sans put his hand under her chin, forcing her eyes to his. "How many times I'm I gonna have to remind you to keep your chin up kid?" He quietly removed her hands from her face. "I understand your worry Frisk." He sighed. "She's pretty creepy, there's no doubt she'll be back, I just hope it's not soon. You know kiddo... I..." he blushed darkly and shook his head. "Ah, nevermind. That's not important right now." Frisk looked at him, puzzled.

"Sans? Is there something I should know?" He just shook his head and gestured toward the door, which was Sans language for 'Lets go to Grillby's.' Frisk only nodded. Grillby's had become one of her favorite places since she'd fallen down for the first time 10 years ago, she'd reset 5 times since then, this timeline had been the longest. She would eagerly accompany Sans anytime he offered, but there was something different about today.

They opened the door to the toasty restaurant, noticing that all of Grillby's regulars were there. Frisk waved to a few of them, including Lesser Dog who she always enjoyed seeing, he was such a cutie. She then followed Sans to the bar, her eyes never leaving his figure. "Sans, seriously....is everything alright?" He only nodded and ordered a tray of fries, Frisk's favorite. Sans usually just drank the bottles of ketchup stored on each table. Poor Grillby probably spent hundreds on ketchup alone each month. She sighed, knowing Sans was definitely hiding something from her. She liked to believe they had a strong bond, Sans usually told her everything. What was different this time?

"Hey Kiddo?"

"Yeah Sans?"

"Don't worry about it, alright? Just forget I said anything."

"Okay...Sansy~" She replied with a wink. She received only a grunt from the now blue-faced skeleton. She knew he secretly loved the old nickname. She giggled and hugged him from her bar stool. He laughed, and hugged her back, tighter than usual. This brought back her worries and she quietly sighed again. There was definitely something going on.

"Thanks Grillbz. Just put it on my tab." She heard him mutter to the flame elemental behind the counter. Grillby just grunted annoyedly in response but did not argue, which was also very unusual.

"What is with everybody today?" She mumbled quietly to herself. Sans must not have heard because he didn't move except to take a couple gulps of ketchup every once in awhile. Something was seriously wrong. "Hey uh, Sans?"

"Yeah kid?"

"I'm gonna head back home. I'm, uh, tired."

"Alright. Have fun Kiddo." He waved at he as she got up from her seat and strode toward the door.

Once outside Frisk sighed. It was unusually warm today, or at least it was for Snowdin. It seemed everything was out of place. She walked briskly to the house she shared with Sans and Papyrus. As soon as she was inside she plopped down on the couch. She had some thinking to do.

She really wanted to know what Sans was gonna say earlier, it nagged at her the whole time she sat there, pondering what to do next, as if what he's was about to say would decide the future. After awhile she groaned in frustration.

"You okay Kiddo?" Sans asked as he walked into the house.

"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah, yeah I'm fine." She smiled at him, though he easily picked up it's fakeness.

"Frisk...what's botherin' ya?"

"Really, it isn't important Sans." She sighed.

Sans put a hand on her cheek, forcing her to look at him. "Frisk you're feelings are always important." She sighed loudly, not wanting to explain her worries and frustrations. Sans had enough to deal with, she shouldn't dump her problems on him. "Frisk...." He warned.

"Sans really, it doesn't matter." She gave him a large hug and a reassuring smile before he reluctantly marched up the stairs to his room, locking the door behind him. Frisk sighed in relief, she really liked his friendship, but Sans tended to be a bit overprotective. That wasn't always a bad thing, and it was understandable, but it wasn't always good either, and his protectiveness was shown much more frequently than the others. Frisk began to wonder if that meant something, but pushed away the thought. She could hear faint rustling noises coming from Sans's room, as well as the faint sounds of music. She soon found herself walking up the stairs and knocking on his door.

"Who is it?" Came his muffled response. The music shut off soon after.

"It's Frisk."

"Oh. Uh, okay one second." The rustling grew louder and then stopped. Sans then appeared at the door. "Need something, Kiddo?"

"I just want to be near you."

Sans blushed and opened the door wider. "Well uh, come on in." He said with a grin. Frisk walked in slowly and sat on his bed, she prepared herself to ask him again about earlier, and his upcoming response.

"So uh, Sans? What were you saying earlier?" She asked.

How do y'all like it so farrrr??