Confession or not?

HIMARI POV

My walking companion hadn't said a word to me all this time. He had been like this since coming back from his talk with Hinata. Enough was enough. "Tsubaki" I called out his name. Not even a budge. "Tsubaki!" I yelled this time. He turned to face me,"What is it?" His eyes looked tired and disappointed; as if he had come in second in a race. "Acting out of place Tsubaki" I announced. "Oh really, well then I apologize but I'm not in the mood to speak. Lets get home, I want to sleep." I sighed and thought back to Hinata. I never did find out what his answer was.

We arrived home a quarter to 10. Tsubaki still hadn't come to normal. Masamune rushed downstairs to greet us. He took a look at Tsubaki then moved passed him. Could he tell that his brother wasn't in the mood. Tsubaki headed upstairs.

"Himari chan!" Masamune was excited. "How did the date go with Tsubaki. Did you guys kiss?" He misunderstood us going out. "No Masamune. It wasn't a date. We went out to karoke with his friends." He laughed,"I guess I must have misunderstood. Sorry. Do you have any idea why big brother acting like this?"

As a matter of fact, I did; something must had happened with Hinata. "One of Tsubaki's friends confessed to him. I don't know the details but he's been like this since that happened." Masamune sighed. "It would be best to leave him alone. Tsubaki gets easily angry when he's like this. I'm going upstairs to sleep. Night Himari chan."

I was alone downstairs and I didn't quite feel like sleeping. My mind was currently on Tsubaki's answer to Hinata. He had told me that he loved me but feelings can change. Plus, any guy in their right mind would go out with Hinata if they had the chance to. I paled in comparison to her. Hinata was beautiful and confident and I was... Well I was just regular. Even so, just imagining him with another girl; kissing, hugging, holding hands. Together and Tsubaki forgetting about me. It bothered me so much that I didn't even realize that i was crying.

"Himari?"

TSUBAKI POV

My room felt colder than usual. I couldn't sleep even when I told Himari that was my plan. Today I had probably lost a friend. Hinata was nice and all but if feelings were going to develop through our friendship; it was better this way. In fact, I felt like playing Naruto but not by myself. Knowing her she was probably upstairs in her room. I turned the door knob to the left and immediately I spotted Himari on the floor with her head behind her knees. "Himari?"

HIMARI POV

I knew this voice it was Tsubaki. "Himari why are you outside my room? Did you want to ask me something?" He always worried about me. I stood up and wiped the tears with my forearm. "Were you crying? What's wrong? Tell me" he took a whole of my shoulders. Tsubaki love for me showed. "I'm fine." He had a skeptical expression plastered on his face. "Then why were you crying?"

I didn't want to answer. He sighed,"Forget this. If you don't want to answer. It's fine how about we get some icecream and if you feel like telling me. I'll listen."

Ice cream would be nice but at this moment I wanted sonething else. I wanted to hear him say that he loved me. "Tsubaki..." I was summoning the courage to ask him. Something like this was embarrassing. "What?"

"Tsubaki I want you to say it." I didn't want to say it completely. "Yes Himari. You plan on dragging whatever this is?" Couldn't he see that this was difficult for me. "How did ut go with Hinata?" I wanted to change the conversation. He looked the other way,"mmm she asked me out."

"What did you say?" I wanted to know. "I told her that I couldn't return her feelings." The throbbing in my chest was quelled. "I told her you are the only woman for me."

"I love you Himari, you know that, don't you?" I blushed at the sincerity of his words. Love? I wasn't sure if what I felt for him could be labeled as such but I wanted him to keep loving me. "Tsubaki be my boyfriend?"

This way I wouldn't have to worry about women asking him out.