Karaoke

TSUBAKI POV

I was dressed in black straight fit jeans, a pair of air max 1's, a short sleeve shirt, a grey hoodie, and a grey and white varsity jacket. Today was the day that I had to meet Misaki, Kaide, and Hinata. "Big brother? Where are you going?" Masamune asked. "I'm going to karaoke with some friends" I told him. He looked surprised,"You finally got made some friends Tsubaki. That's great! " he yelled. "What do you mean finally Masamune" I groaned. "It's nothing big brother. I'm going over to a friends house to work on a project. I'll be back at 5."

He left and shut the door. I was going to follow his lead but it was Himari who stopped me. "Tsubaki where are you going?" Her eyes were pleading for an answer. "I'm going out Himari." I responded. "You told me that you would going to answer me if o answer your question so be honest." I sighed and took the varsity jacket off; it was warm enough inside. "I'm going to karaoke with my friends." Himari pouted,"Do you mean Misaki and those girls from before? Also,aren't I your friend too?" She added. Hearing her say again made me overjoyed with bliss. "You're right. We are friends."

"Tsubaki, I also want you to answer truthfully. Why were you smiling when you were with her?" Was she jealous? No, it couldn't be?

"It's because she reminded me alot about you. I was thinking about you the entire time" I answered and she immediately giggled. "You clutz! You really are hopelessly in love with me!"she announced. "Well I can't help feeling like this."

"I know Tsubaki. As I mentioned before. You'll be the first to know if I ever fall for you. There's also one more thing I wanted to ask" she began explaining,"I want to come along with you."

We left from the house an hour later. Women were incapable of getting ready in under 30 minutes. "You think I look good Tsubaki?"she asked. Himari was obviously referring to her outfit. "Do you even need to ask?" I answered. Whatever she wore; Himari would look amazing no doubt. "Give me an answer Tsubaki!" She yelled. "You look really beautiful" I reluctantly answered. Himari was wearing white skinny jeans and a plaid blouse with a black T-shirt underneath. "Aren't you cold Tsubaki?" Himari asked me. The varsity jacket that I was wearing was thick and made out of leather so it was toasty. "If you want to impress a girl or make her interested. Be a gentleman" she stated. I took of my jacket and handed it to her. "Here, it's pretty big on you but as long as you're warm. You don't mind do you?"

HIMARI POV

His jacket smelled of him. A slightly masculine scent that suit him perfectly. The walk to the place of the meeting wasn't far. It was near college so it was walking distance. "Himari, we're here" I heard him say. The building wasn't anything special and according to the employees the karaoke section was on the third floor. Tsubaki was silent and calm. These were his friends; people that knew who he was but didn't know me. I felt uncomfortable thinking about it but he consulted me,"Himari,They're my friends but they're good people. Just act like yourself. If it was good enough for me then it'll be good enough for them. Just act like yourself."

Upon reaching the 3rd floor via elevator, Tsubaki's friends were waiting for him near the entrance. "It's about time Tsubaki. What took you so long?" Misaki asked. "I had something to take care of" Tsubaki answered. "Oh and you brought Himari with you" he commented,"I guess both of you are finally getting along."

"Yeah as a matter of fact we live together"I heard him say. Everyone including me became quiet. He didn't know how bad it sounded. "Oh no! We're not going out or anything. I'm just going through a tough time and he's being nice" I immediately replied. Couldn't let them think about us this way. "Yeah she's right" Tsubaki added. I looked over to Tsubaki and handed him his jacket. I was warm enough.

The room that we reserved was spacious and had one large screen TV in the center and two sofas with a table in the middle. "Misaki, which song will you be choosing?"the girl with silver hair asked. She was the most relaxed out of the two girls. The other one was very talkative; especially to Tsubaki. The brunette saw me looking at her and I quickly averted my gaze. "You're Himari right? We didn't introduce ourselves. My name is Hinata and the girl with the silver hair there is Kaede."

I nodded and introduced myself. "Kaede I'm going to try singing 'I love you' by Kevin Hart" Misaki responded. The song itself was very warm and tender and it would be difficult to sing it correctly if one didn't match his/her feelings with the song. "Misaki that's a great song. Do your best" I announced and everyone stared(including Tsubaki). "No problem Himari."

After 5 minutes the song bad ended and Misaki was catching his breath. "You did great Misaki but you were off key during the chorus" Tsubaki teased. His friend stuck out his tongue, "Well let's see you do better." I had never actually heard Tsubaki sing. His voice wasn't rough so this song was perfect.

Tsubaki rose from his seat and took a hold of the microphone. "I'll my best" he stated. Kaede looked in his direction with the same expression as always but Hinata had her eyes glued on him.

His voice matched Chris's perfectly. It was gentle but not forced and his body language was responding well too. This song was about love that couldn't be returned so technically it suited him. He song the English parts perfectly; as if he was someone straight from the UK or America. I was disappointed when he put the mic back on Sat back in his seat. I wanted to hear another song from him. "Tsubaki that was incredible. You're an amazing singer." Hinata obviously had a crush on Tsubaki but either he was oblivious of didn't consider her feelings. "Really? I tried my best! I cant afford to lose to Misaki after all."

However when it came to my turn the TV turned off and the microphone refused to work. Was I cursed or something? "Misaki and I will go talk to an employee while you guys stay here. You guys don't mind do you?" I didn't want him to leave me with his friends that I hardly knew but if I protested then they would think that I didn't like them. "It's fine" I told Tsubaki. He smiled and I did the same. However, this moment between us didn't go unnoticed as I could see Hinata staring through my peripheral vision. Both men waved back as they exited room,"We won't take long."

I felt nervous and comfortable. I wanted to get along with Tsubaki's friends but my shyness prevented me from doing so. "So which sin-"

"Himari can you come outside with me for a moment?" Hinata asked. Kaede noticed and took out her phone to appear as if she wasn't interested. "Mmm alright" I responded. What was so important and secretive that Hinata couldn't tell me with Kaede around.

We were currently outside and Hinata had yet to say something. I was starting to get annoyed by her sudden behavior. First, she asks me go outside with her then she doesn't explain herself. I was going to go inside; it was warmer inside that room anyway. As soon, as I placed my hand on the door knob she spoke my name.

"Himari. I want to ask you something?" Hinata was fidgeting with her fingers. Was she nervous? "Sure ask away." I wanted to make a good impression. "Are you and Tsubaki going out? I know you guys say that you weren't but I want to be absolutely sure." That question was something I wasn't expecting. "No, I have no romantic feelings towards Tsubaki what's so ever." The brunette expression changed,"Do you mean it?" I nodded. "Then you wouldn't care if I asked him out, would you?"