Back on Track:part 2

Did I just hear her correctly? She wanted to play video games with me? "Are you serious?" I asked. This was the first time I heard someone tell me this. "Yes I'm serious Tsubaki. It's your hobby right? I heard from Masamune that all you do it play video games. I just want to experience what you do."

I was abit skeptically at first but then I agreed. Usual I only played with one controller but I had an extra one in my closet. I had bought it along time ago but thinking that Masamune would play with me but it turned out that he didn't like videogames.

Himari followed me downstairs. I passed by to check up on Masamune. My kid brother was asleep and has his nightlight turned on. However, he had slept on top of the sheets. "Himari wait for me here. I'm going to get some blankets for Masamune. I wouldn't want him to get sick later." The girl looked at me with strange eyes, what was up with her?

Having covered my brother with 2 thick blankets I left his room. "You sure do love your brother" she stated. It was very obvious that I loved him;he was all I had. "Of course Himari. Growing up my father was an alcoholic and my mother never got along with him. After a few years, she established a catering company and it got pretty famous in Europe so she left us here by ourselves. I been alone in this house with my little brother since I was 14." What made me tell her this much? Was it the need to feel sympathy from someone.

"I guess we both had messed up childhoods" She flatly stated. We stopped at the entrance of my room. This would be the second time a girl would enter it. My room wasn't messy or anything;it was actually very clean and I made sure it stayed like this. "So this is your room... It's not how I expected it to be." Himari had actually thought about how my room would be? "Knowing you I thought it was messy with food everywhere and dirty dishes."

The brunette sat down in my bed and I went into my closet to retrieve another PS4 controller.
It was still in it's box. "Here use this one. What games do you want to play?" I asked and showed her some titles. "Well something like street fighters. I used to play it as a kid" she explained. The only game that I had in my arsenal that reminded me of street fighters was Injustice.

The moment I handed her the controller I noticed that she had the hands of an amateur. I took the controller from her and showed her which buttons to press. "This is to punch. This other one is to jump and when you have enough energy press these 3 buttons at once" I told her. Himari looked at me like she lost me the moment I explained.

I changed the game settings to one player and made her fight against the computer. Himari was doing great but there was still something missing. I went behind her and placed my hands on top of hers. "Press square followed up by triangle to do a combo."

"Thanks I finally understand...also can you let go?" She felt uncomfortable. "I'm sorry. It's just that I thought it would be most efficient."

"Yeah, I felt very uncomfortable when you did that"she explained,"but I win so it's fine, Tsubaki. Just let me know next time when you do something like that."

The next few hours were a breeze as we both played against each other. I had beat Himari 9 to 6. The girl had definitely improved in her skills. "Tsubaki I think I'm going to bed. Aren't you?" She began getting up from the floor. "I think I'll be doing the same too. For some reason, my body is tired."

Himari giggled, "you did alot today. Of course you would feel tired. Plus, you played against me;it's more taxing on someone when they play against others."

I walked the tired woman to her room. "Sleep well Himari. This will be your first time sleeping way from home and it won't be your last. You can stay as long as you want."