Not the Same

TSUBAKI POV

We were walking back with an employee in front of us. We had explained the situation and they were kind enough to immediately help. Himari was the only person and my mind. I wondered how she was behaving with the other girls. I was too busy thinking that I didn't noticed where I was stepping and almost tripped. "Tsubaki what's the matter? Are you worried about something. If it's the test. I'm sure you'll pass easily" he said. "It's not that" I answered trying to regain my composure. "Then what is it?" He sure was persistent. "It's nothing."

"Come on Tsubaki. Don't be so quiet. I won't stop bugging you until you answer." I shook my head, "It's nothing." He laughed,"It's about a girl right?" I know a guy all too well. I placed my forearm around my face trying to hide my blush. "It must be easy for you to win women over because you're good looking." He was right but when it came to the opposite sex, I was picky. "It's not that simple Misaki."

"What do you mean?" He was obviously didn't understand. "I'm very picky when it comes to woman. Any just won't do." He laughed even more loud than before and everyone turned to look him. "That's funny Tsubaki" he said. "It wasn't suppose to be funny. I was telling you the truth."
"Mmm, so who's the lucky girl?" He asked and out his arm around my neck. "Why should I tell you Misaki." The guy put me in a lock,"Because I won't let go until you tell me."

"Is it Hinata or Kaede?" He asked. Why hadn't he mentioned Himari? "I'm not answering."

"Well from what Kaede told me Hinata likes you." Hinata was outgoing and very kind with me so that would explain all of that. "You feel the same way about her?" There was only one girl that I had my eyes on and Hinata wasn't her. "No, I don't."

He let go of me after hearing what I had just said. "Well, you don't like anyone then?" He concluded. "Why didn't you ask me how I felt about Himari?" I asked. Misaki kept walking then answered, "You told me that you only saw her as your student." Now that I remember, I actually did say something like that. "Do you like her then?" He stopped walking to stare at me. "Yeah, I'm in love with her."

"Sooner or later, it was bounded to happen" he stated.

"Tsubaki just know this. If Hinata confesses to you. Let her down gently. She's been hurt by alot of guys before."

HIMARI POV

If Hinata wanted to follow through with her confession who was I to stop her? "Let's go back Himari. I'll tell him when he comes back." Hinata was back to her cheery self. We entered the room once again and sat down in the sofas. "You're following through with your confession" kaede asked. "Yes, I'm going to confess and make Tsubaki mine. He's too good to pass on." I wasn't bothered by the thought if another girl asking him out. I viewed Tsubaki as a friend and if he chose to go out with her then it wouldn't bother me. Would it? It was also a great chance to test his love for me.

Tsubaki and Misaki came in 10 minutes later with an employee right besides them. It took 20 minutes to for the man to fix if and throughout the entire time, I couldn't help but think about Hinata.

"Alright then guys. It's all taken care of" the man said. He picked up his tools and headed out the door. It was my turn to sing and I was going to perform  Uruwashiki Hito by Ikimono Gakari. It was one of my favorite songs and I knew the lyrics quite well. I got up and cupped the microphone between my palms. It was finally time. I could hear Tsubaki and Hinata conversing about something then Hinata got up and Tsubaki followed. She was finally going through with it.

TSUBAKI POV

I was surprised when Hinata asked me to come outside with her. I wanted to stay and bear Himari sing but if she wanted to speak privately; it was probably urgent. Hinata had her hands behind her and was biting her lip. Was something wrong?

"Tsubaki, I know that we haven't known each other for long but I feel at ease when I'm with you. It's been so long since I felt like this for a guy" she began. I already knew where this was going and I was preparing myself. "You also make me feel at ease." I wanted to let her know that she was great. "I think I might love you" she confessed while locking eyes with me. It was too much for me to bare. It was the first time that someone had confessed to me and I didn't want to hurt her but I couldn't tell her I felt the same. Lying would be even worse. "I'm sorry but I don't feel the same" my voice was cold and sincere.

Tears began forming in her eyes and I couldn't stand to see her like this. "I understand. I wanted to believe that I had a chance with you but I guess that Himari bested me" she said while wiping her tears. She knew? "I saw the way you were looking at her. Eyes like those aren't reserved for someone like me."

"She doesn't love you however, why do you still bother?" She asked. I tried approaching her but she kept her distance. 'Its because I believe that I can make her love me back."

"She must be special then. Men usual don't go to these lengths for woman. You must really be enamored with her."

"Yes, I am."

We came back to the room and sat in our corresponding seats. I got to hear Himari sing and for the rest of night we didn't say a word to each other.