Back on Track

We ate dinner together; all three of us. Masamune was thrilled to have Himari around. As his brother I loved seeing the kid like this. "Tsubaki for some reason dinner tastes better. You really outdone yourself big brother!" Masamune stated as he picked up some rice with his chopstick. When we had come back, I wasn't all surprised that Masamune hadn't ordered takeout. He was a big fan after all and thus I had no choice but to start cooking. Lately I had been experimenting with soy sauce and a variety of vegetables. "He's right Tsubaki. I had no idea that you were this talented when it came to cooking." Her praise made me feel at ease. Like I just won something. It reminded me of when mother still lived with us and would commend me on my grades in school.

It took us a decent amount of time to finish and I began to wash the dishes. Masamune was cleaning the table and washing the glasses. Since,Himari was our guest I told her to go upstairs and to wait for me. At first she refused; telling me that she wanted to help out too but eventually the girl yielded. "Masamune how do you feel about having Himari living here with us?" I asked him then turned off the water. Soon after, I reached for a paper towel. "Can't you tell by my facial expression Tsubaki? I'm overjoyed about having her here. I finally have someone that can play with me whenever you're busy with videogames."

I felt kind of uncomfortable hearing him say that. Other than chores, I didn't do anything else for him. Even so, it wasn't my fault. I blamed the age gap on my parents. "I'm going upstairs to teach Himari. Don't disturb us please. If you get bored, you can always go inside my room and play videogames."Why did I even tell him that? He didn't even appreciate how great videogames were in the first place. "Alright Big brother" he smiled and went upstairs to his room.

Since, Himari was staying here I gave her the entire 3rd floor. There was plenty of space for her and also it was the only floor that had a private bathroom. Masamune and I would share the one on the first floor.

I knocked on the door and asked if I can come in. My house or not, manners were first."Yes. I'm not doing anything." She was sitting in a table with textbooks scattered all around. Since she didn't have hers I let her borrow my books for today. Tomorrow we would come back for her stuff. "Are you struggling on anything, Himari?" I asked and sat next to her.

The brunette handed me my history book and math textbooks. "I need help starting from chapter 1" she asked in an embarrassed manner. Did she feel bad that she didn't understand. "Himari. I'm your tutor. Don't feel embarrassed about asking me for so much. My job is to help after all" I told her. Where did that come from? Usually I would sigh and scold her for not knowing but for some reason I feel particular calm. I looked in her direction and Himari was blushing. Did she feel uncomfortable or had the girl been taken back by my words. I bad to watch what came out of my mouth;wouldn't want her to fall in love. I opened to the first chapter of both books and began explaining.

It was already 12pm when we finished chapter 1 of both books.Himari had half a notebook worth of notes. History had taken longer as she wasn't as capable as she was with math. "Himari. I'm going down downstairs to my room. Sleep well. If you need anything just ask Masamune. My brother goes to sleep at 2am or so."

"Why can't I ask you Tsubaki?"she called out. I wanted to tell her that I had to sleep but that wasn't true. Instead, I would play video games until 4am. " I'm going to play video games so leave me alone for now."My words were cold and distant; I was serious about my alone time. "What will I do then" she asked.

"There's TV you could watch, you could sleep, rea-"

"Can I play video games with you?"