kiss me under the light

It was 9:21. Maya got into her fuzzy banana onesie and lay down on her bed. She got out her phone and sketchpad. 

She was feeling in the mood for some deep but chill music to draw to. She went onto Spotify and shuffled her playlist titled 'listen to me'. Maya was planning on finishing what she had started the other night, that ugly drawing of Lucas Friar. There was no point and wasting good pencil led on him if she wasn't going to finish it. She took out her set of art pencils and got to work. 

So, honey, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are

Maya's door opened loudly. "I'm back!" said a voice. 

"Lucas, give me a break." Maya cried as she put her pencil down.

Lucas smiled, "Aw, I thought I just bought you a nice dress." 

"I'm trying to listen to some quality Ed Sheeran here." She rolled her eyes and put her pencil back on the paper. 

Lucas pulled a stick of gum out of his sweatpants and threw the wrapper on the floor, "Who you drawing?" he said as he chewed. 

"No one of your interest... Oh, and we recycle at my home." Maya said in her bitch tone.

Lucas chuckled and got down to throw out his wrapper. He then grabbed Maya's sketchpad from her hands. "I didn't think you'd give this to me without a fight, thanks!" Lucas said as he stared at the extremely on point drawing of him. "You- you drew this? You got my dimples and my... woah, my eyes are gorgeous! And my hair is great, as usual. Wow, and my lips look so kissable, Maya! You did that on purpose! Were you going to make out with this drawing in replacement of your pillow when your mom comes back?" 

"Oh shut up," Maya blushed. "How in the world do you know about that?!" 

"I got my ways, babe." Lucas smirked while Maya winced at the babe. "And about the dress thingy, I decided I want you to just have a normal talk with me." 

"Fine." Maya sighed. "What do you want to talk about?" 

"Hold up, lemme get in the zone." Lucas said as he took off his navy blue shirt leaving him in his light light blue jeans. 

"Wear some clothes, please?" Maya asked as she covered her eyes. 

Lucas laughed, "I'm just in my pajamas like you are! You didn't mind it when I slept here last night!"

"I was fucking tired." Maya answered, rolling her eyes.

The two stayed silent for one long moment. For Lucas, it felt like years. For Maya, it was some relaxation.

"Ask me something about myself. You don't know me at all." Lucas spoke suddenly, idealess of what to say to Maya. Lucas wasn't a great talker when it came to being right next to a girl in her bed. 

"If you hate sarcastic and rather rude people, why do you like me?" Maya asked. 

Lucas sighed, "Because you're not a typical bitch. Anyway, stop asking me about you. Ask me about me." 

Maya stared at Lucas's sandy hair. Typical bitch? What was that supposed to mean in the first place? Then again, Lucas makes no sense at all. He's just a creepy creep creep.

Maya then remembered how weird Isabella thought Edward was when she came to Forks. Twilight was one of Maya's favorite reads. "You know, you sort of kind of remind me of Edward Cullen from Twilight. Are you some kind of vampire or werewolf?" 

"I'm all human, Mrs. Friar." Lucas chuckled. "I've read the whole Twilight saga, by the way. Vampire romance interests me." 

"Creepo." Maya said, dryly. "What's your favorite color? Oh shit, I know this-" 

"Blue!" Lucas and Maya shouted at the same time. 

The two looked at each other and started laughing. Lucas Friar was sort of known for having only blue clothing. It wasn't even intentional, though. That was what made it funny. 

"Of course it's blue." Maya shook her head, giggling. "Favorite book?" 

"Well, I personally think Henry Rabbit's First Day of Kindergarten is an amazing book. It really changed me as a person and used great symbolism." Lucas nodded. 

"Oh my God." Maya said as she let out a tiny chuckle. "Wow. If that's you favorite book, then what movie is gonna end up being your favorite?" 

"World Meets Danger." Lucas smiled. "The graphics were great." 

Maya raised her eyebrows, "Um, wow. Okay, uh sexual status?" 

"Virgin." Lucas sighed. 

Maya stared at Lucas in shock, "You're telling me all that Fuckboy status and shit is fake?" 

Lucas nodded, showing off a deep red blush. "I've been waiting for the right person." 

"Oh, okay." Maya answered. 

"What about you?" Lucas asked. 

She looked down and kicked a foot against her bed gently, "Same. But my case is different, no one wants to pin me down in bed except all the other fuckboys." 

The two sat in silence for a moment.

Maya grabbed back her sketchbook and continued her Lucas drawing while he straightened his position to get more comfortable. She found it a struggle to get his nose right. It was way too nosy for her, so she just focused on getting the skin tone right. 

"When did you start drawing? Like realizing you were truly talented." Lucas said out of the blue. 

Maya looked up, "I was in fifth grade. We were in art class and we were drawing portraits of the person opposite us. I got Farkle. I was the only one who drew theirs well and I got a lollipop." 

"I wish I had a talent, I'm bland as fuck." Lucas moped. 

Maya shrugged, "You have sports and of course, your looks." 

"I don't wanna be an athlete though. Sports are just a hobby for me. I wanna be successful for working hard, not playing stupid games." He replied, then went under the blanket. "Anyways, I'm tired, would you mind turning off the lamp for me?" 

"Yeah, of course." She agreed and crawled over him to reach for the lamp. 

As she switched the lamp, Lucas grabbed her by the chest, and planted one wet kiss on her lips. 

To his surprise, she gave him a wet kiss in return. 

---------

You guys have the right to yell at me. I'm so so so sorry for not updating. I had lost interest in writing and school had gotten me so stressed. I'm so sorry. Please vote, comment, add, or follow. I love all of you who have continued reading this story.