oh say can you see

Lucas raced through his open bedroom window. He took off his shirt and lay in his own bed, making it seem as though he had been sleeping there since last night. 

At 7:45, Lucas woke up. He put on a blue shirt, some pants, and went to brush his teeth. 

After that, he went to the living room and gave his parents a side hug. 

"Oh, hey honey!" Mona Friar said surprised.

Tristan Friar chuckled, "How bout we listen to some morning music? Your mom is still in a daze." 

Lucas took down his box of Cheerios, "Sure."

Tristan walked to the iPod dock and pressed "Shuffle"

Oh say, can you see, By the dawns early light?

"Seriously, dad?" Lucas laughed as he took a spoon of cereal

Tristan sat down and shrugged, "It went on by itself!" 

"It's a nice thing to do, salute your country, you know?" Mona said.

"Whatever," Lucas shrugged and continued eating his cereal.

~

Maya finally decided to change into an orangish yellowish shirt and jeans. It wasn't her best outfit, but it was alright.

She picked up her phone, plugged it in to the speaker, and clicked "Shuffle". 

Oh say can you see, by the dawns early light? 

"Why is that still on my phone?" Maya said and walked over to delete it. "A terrible cover of it also." 

Maya took out her blueberry muffin from the fridge and started picking on it. 

"Oh say can you see, huh?" Maya laughed. 

~

Lucas put his cereal back and got his shoes on. He usually went to the field to play soccer, baseball, or football. He got into his 2002 Toyota and started his drive to school. It wasn't the hottest out there, but it was a car.

One day, he was gonna get Maya in there and take her on a trip. Lucas really liked Maya. Like really really liked. He wanted her love so badly. So badly. Lucas had managed to kiss her once, and that was one of his favorite moments of his life.

Junior Prom:

Maya was standing near the punch looking really gorgeous in her black lace dress with her best friend, Riley Matthews. Riley was okay, just not amazingly awesomely great like Maya was. They were giggling about some thing, but Maya was looking extremely adorable. So I kinda got excited and mischievous. I prank called Riley and told her to come to the front of the school. Then I went up to Maya.

"I need to show and do you something." I said to her.

Maya squinted her really beautiful eyes, "What?" 

"Come with me," I smiled.

I led her to the parking lot. I smiled at her. "You probably know what I've been experiencing with you." 

"What?" Maya said confused.

I sighed, "Look I'm getting a boner," I really was about to.

"And?" Maya asked. 

I smiled, "I need you and your love." 

"What the hell?" Maya asked even more confused, "I know you do, but like stop!"