Yeah, You're My Doctor → SEBASTIAN STAN

"Hey. It's so good to see you." Sebastian smiled as he sat at the edge of the hospital bed.

"Y/N, you're in the hospital. You were in a car accident. You hit your head, but you're okay. We just kept you asleep for a little while. How do you feel?" The doctor asked.

"My head hurts."

"Yeah, well, that's perfectly normal."

"I'll get you something for that." Sebastian said, and stood up.

"Was anyone else hurt, Doctor," you asked, looking at Sebastian. Sebastian turned around and looked at you. "Uh, Y/N. You know who I am, right?"

"Yeah, you're my doctor."

~

I have two theories. Actually first one is a fact. Everything can change in just a matter of seconds. My second theory is,
these moments of impact, these flashes of high intensity that completely turn our lives upside down, actually end up
defining who we are. My absolute favorite is this one.

St. Rutgers, 2008

"I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness, and to have the patience that love demands. To speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they're not. And to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home," Y/N said as tears of joy streamed out of her eyes.

"I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once-in-a-lifetime love. And to always know in the deepest part of my soul that no matter what challenges might carry us apart, that we'll always find the way back to each other," I said.

"Do you take each other as spouses forever?"

"I do."

"I do."

"Then by the power vested in me by the state of New Jersey, I... Security!"

"I now pronounce you man and wife and best friends for life. Kiss! Run!"

I kissed and took her hand and we started running.

~

"Mr. Stan?"

"You said things were really good."

"A brain injury isn't like a broken bone or a laceration. Brains are much les predictable. Sometimes due to the way the swelling tissue presses against the skull, it can cause some impairment."

"Some impairment? She doesn't remember me!"

So that's my theory. That these moments of impact define who we are but what I never considered was what if, one day, you could no longer remember any of them? Well, it's going to take a while for me to figure out what I'm going to do.

THE VOW, 2012