Ch 4

Now before you lynch me for taking so long to update, my internet at home has been down and we just started a new trimester at school. Also I have been slowly planning the book out and already have a scene from the chuunin exams written... So sorry I guess but I hope it was worth the wait.

Ch 4

"As of today, you are all ninjas. Together you faced difficult trials and hardships. But that's nothing. What comes next will be far more difficult. Now you are only genin, first level ninjas. All the genin will be grouped into three man squads. Each squad will be lead by a jounin, an elite ninja." My mind wanders to Old Cripple, and I smirk a little to myself. Behind us, I hear two fangirls arguing about who would get Ducky on their team.

"We want each squad to have a balance of strengths and abilities, so that's how we set them up." The teacher continued onwards, oblivious or ignoring the talking that was going on while he was speaking. "I will now announce the squads."

Everyone perked up and quit talking.

"Team Seven, will be Naruto Uzumaki," When he heard his name, Whiskers perked up visibly. "Sakura Haruno," Now Whiskers leapt from his seat and began to cheer loudly while the Sakura girl, Miss. Potty Mouth fangirl, began tobang her head against her desk.

"I'm doomed," She moaned loudly to herself.

"Sasuke Uchiha," It was a complete one-eighty switch and in seconds, the fangirl was leaping into the air and cheering while Whiskers, or Naruto, was banging his head on the table and moaning how he was doomed. "and since we had a last minute genin added to the roster, this team will have Tsuki Uchiha on it as well."

Whiskers stands up and bangs his hands on the desk loudly.

"Wait a minute Iruka-sensei," He shouts. "Why does an amazing ninja like me have to be on a team with a toad like Sasuke?" He demands.

The sensei sighs, seeming to have expected the outburst. I just sit back and grin.

"The teams are put together so each one is equal, Naruto," The sensei begins to explain. "Sasuke graduated at the top of the glass, getting the best scores on the graduation exam. You had the lowest."

Whiskers visibly wilted back into his seat while the fangirl beside us snickered.

"Yeah Naruto," She scoffs. "No way are you better than Sasuke-kun."

@$!#&#!@

Mini Uchiha grabbed my hand and tugged me along behind him as soon as we were dismissed for lunch. A second later I could see why as a herd of fangirls descended on our now empty seat like vultures, all ready to ask Ducky to leave me behind and take them for some lunch. Distantly behind us, I hear Whiskers, now named Naruto, and the pink haired fangirl, further called Cherry Top, talk about lunch plans and I grin.

&$!#$#&

"So, Ducky," I address the mini Uchiha as I lounge against a wall. "Do you hide at lunch every day?"

The raven haired boy gives me a glare, before carefully lowers himself to sit a few feet away from me

"So who do you think our sensei will be?" I ask, trying to make conversation. "Hopefully he won't be completely useless, eh?"

"Hn," He grunts, making me sigh.

"Okay Sasuke, this is the part where you spill your feeling so you won't blow up on someone later," I tell him seriously, finally losing my short patience and giving him a look. "Talk."

The mini Uchiha stiffened at the sound of his real name, slowly turning so he's facing me. Although his face is kept perfectly blani, a skill he's developed in the last six years, I can see his jaw clench. With a microscopic scowl, he growls to himself.