The Vampire's Reluctant Bride: chapter-31

Chapter-31

Recap- Amelia sucked in a fortifying breath, appreciating his wordless support- and tore the seal off.

*************************************************************************************

Lucius arched an eyebrow as he watched the help-less laughter bubbling forth from his wife’s lips. He waited for a moment for her hilarity to wind down; but after two full minutes had passed and the laughter showed no signs of abating; a frown creased his brow. BY now tears were streaming down Amelia’s cheeks and she had an arm wrapped around an obviously cramping stomach. His lips thinned as he realized that he did not even know whether she was too distressed to sort through confused emotions or whether the laughter still shaking her delicate form was borne of genuine joy.

Ultimately losing the battle with his own curiosity and recognizing that he was not obtaining an answer from Mia anytime soon; he plucked the letter from her hands- eyes rapidly scanning through the words to extract their gist.

Unable to believe he had read it correctly the first time; he went over the letter again-going slower this time, taking in every single word rather than just the summery of what they meant. By the time he raised his eyes again, Mia had mastered control over her emotions and was looking at him with a carefully neutral expression.

He rearranged his features to mirror her. A smile ghosted over her face at that, softening her expression.

She raised one perfect eyebrow, “So?”

***************************************************************************************************************

A/n- I know this is very short and I'm sooooo sorry but i cud not resist this chance at a cliffhanger ;-)