Great! He doesn't know how to initiate a conversation he came here for? Why was I wasting my time then. "I'll leave then," I said in a range audible to both of us and got on my feet to refresh the days here.

"Wait!" He held my hand. I whipped my head fast and tugged my hand out of his loose grasp. He raised his hands in surrender and said, "Please listen to me."

"Okay, but I would if you talk."

"I need time." He needs time? Which point he was trying to hit?

"Can you be more clear?" I asked.

"I think that I shouldn't have believed Alice all those five years ago." Oh I agree, yeah even I regretted marrying you five years ago.  Wait. What did he say?  

"What did you just say?" I asked baffled. Making sure if I heard was right would be better than making a fool out of myself. What if the words were just created by my brain by blocking my hearing capability? I had never heard about that, but it might happen.

"I said, I shouldn't have believed Alice all those years ago." Wow, such a great realisation. So quick. I am amazed. But what was the point in confessing this to me. 

"So?"

"Maybe I am sorry." He was sorry? Just a plain sorry would erase all the pain he dumped on me?

"Wow- I sigh- You are saying sorry. After all that you have done to me. Just wow." Sarcasm dripped in my voice, accompanied by a small laugh and a crack in the end. His sorry doesn't even cost a penny. The immense amount of shame he put me to, on that day, wouldn't heal a burn on my heart. The sorry failed to cause a subtle movement in my chest. Instead, rage built within me. Thank God, I wasn't a werewolf, or else his head would have been hanging by now.

He put on a hurt expression. Fake. He is fake. "Sofia...Please try to understand me. I shouldn't have said all those words years ago. I had a fight with Alice, I regret not believing you and the blood growing inside you right then. But why don't you just accept that I am sorry?"

His voice raised a fraction by the end of his regret speech. So, what does he expect now? "So now that you have realised I was the victim, you want me and my son back?" His words meant that indirectly, didn't they?

"NO!" he yelled. His eyes went wide as saucers and his features turned horrified. Though, I had put my zero interest in him at this point of life, my heart pained a little at his immediate denial. When a person gets denied by a stranger, without considering any facts, his/her heart hurts a little. That's what I felt.

"I-I mean. I just have to say sorry, okay? I do regret what I did five years back. But all that had already happened and dwelling on it wouldn't budge a thing. Me and Alice both are in love with each other and would like to stay like that. These things are common in a relationship. I can't break up with her for such thing." SUCH thing? What did he mean by such thing? How could a person take someone like her's side even after everything she did. Maybe, that was love. Something I could never experience. Seriously, a fraction of trust from what he has in Alice today wouldn't have put a full stop to our relationship.

A humourless pained laugh escaped my lips. The harshness it contained had a capability of crumbling a rock. "It is SUCH thing. You love her! Congrats Mr. Samuel. You just proved how much you love her and the trust you couldn't keep in me. It's just what? SUCH A THING! You don't know how happy we could've been if you loved me enough!" My sound roared like a lion's threat to its prey. It clearly said; 'I am not backing out.' I just hoped Sein kept Ethan busy enough from witnessing a second fight today.

"You couldn't get over me, could you? I knew it! Oh, stop with your ways now BRIDGET! Don't try to put me and Alice away. You can't part us! Yes, what she did was wrong. But she loves me."