Chapter 15: Where am I?

Fighting the heavy eyelids that had blocked my view, I blinked my eyes open to adjust with the lights glaring at my face. My vision was not very clear for my liking and I, unmistakably was sure that I was not in my room.

Then where am I?

Sitting up straight on the medium sized bed, I searched for some water if in case, the person this room belongs to has a habit of keeping water bottles on night stand.

I have such habit and I bet many people who are too lazy to grab some water have it too.

Once I successfuIly spotted the water glass by the night stand, I took steady sips and tried not to gulp it all in once. My hoarse throat somewhat complied with my pressure of 'get well soon' and relaxed a little. Once my throat was less gruff and I felt more comfortable in the premises of an unknown person, I began studying the interior of the room, which was the same size as my old room.

The room screamed 'no entry is allowed for girls', bands pictures were struck as clumsily one can stick them. The walls supporting the not so lovely posters were painted gray and were dark under bright lights. All the furniture complimented the color of the room in a way mixing both bright and dark colors. The room seemed lively and lovely, in a kind of creepy way.

I shook my head out of those absurd thoughts--- lively in creepy kind  of way? You lost it due to chloroform, Sofia.

I heard the distant clearance of throat. "Finally, the princess is awake I see." The voice was recognizable and I could never in hundred years forget it.

My posture became rigid in an instant like 'dear caught in headlights'. Dear deer, please say how the hell did you escape from the situation you stuck in? But, why the hell was he here in the same room as I was? How the heck did I get into this room, in first place?  First, I need to know what happened after chloroform hit me.

I slowly twisted my head in the direction of room's entrance, to see the devil himself, giving me a serious look.

Does he know the truth of my identity?

Of course, why the hell will he call you princess if he didn't?

"You know  right?" I asked him.

He looked confused for a second before shaking his head. "No."

"Don't lie me!" I yelled in frustration when he denied the fact that he knows my identity. He did not even try to bite his tongue from addressing me princess.

"How the hell will I know why those people attacked you?" he matched my frustration and I could see his fists clenching and unclenching, in an attempt to keep his anger at bay. Wow! I never knew that he was capable of anger.

"I am not talking about that dumbhead. I was talking about how you know the other truth." Heck, even I was unaware of the fact that some people were planning to abduct me. Hell, their plans may even include my murder which was worse than kidnapping. I should have considered Alejandro's anger when I was attacked for the very first time.

"What other truth?" All the traces of anger disappeared from his face, replaced by a distinctive look of confusion and curiosity. He called me princess, didn't he? So, it was clear that he wasn't unaware of my identity any more.

"You called me princess!"

"Can't I use I endearment for such a beautiful lady like you?" His lips developed into a teasing smirk and he trudged towards me, finally leaving the doorway of the room.

Face palm. It was just an endearment. I always jump to conclusions without knowing the actual reasoning. 

"Oh, sure, you can. Like why not. Uh-uh What happened?" A nervous chuckle left my lips at my stupidity as his face held playfulness, all the curiosity disappeared into the atmosphere and I definitely felt thankful. If his interest still lied in my previous question, I was sure my position would be worse in future.