[Chapter 27] Bachelor/Bachelorette Party

Start from the beginning

"You know what we should do, we should have a bachelorette party for you." She remarked, the corners of her lips curling up.

"What? No." I shook my head, setting the coffee cup down on the table. "I'm not going out for a bachelorette party."

She pouted, "Why not?"

"Well, I'm a mom now and I don't have anyone to watch Ash. And secondly, I don't want to."

Tiff crossed her arms, "You're such a Debbie Downer."

I raised one of my eyebrows, "Do you even know what that reference is from?"

She shook her head. "No. But I know it's what you're being. And you need a night off, a night out with the girls. Ooh! We can invite all of your bridesmaids."

"What? You mean Yolanda and Melanie?"

"Yeah! And you can get Chris to watch Ash. I'm sure he'd love to, I mean, who wouldn't want to watch after him." Tiff and I both looked over to where Ash was trying to climb up onto one of the bar stools that sat in front of the kitchen counter. He fell on his butt and laughed instead of crying. He was like that, which I was very grateful for.

"No, Tiff. I don't want to go." I looked into my lap. "I just want to stay here."

She rolled her eyes, "This is because of Ash, isn't it?"

"No!" I retorted, a crack in my voice. "I just don't want to."

"Well," She sat up in the chair. "I don't give a fuck if you want to or not. You're coming with us girls to the bar and you're going to have the time of your life before you're officially off of the market."

"Was I ever 'on' the market?" I retorted.

She gave me one of her classic death glares, "I'll be here with Melanie and Yolanda to pick you up at nine." She stood up and patted her skirt. "Now go call Chris and get yourself beautified!" She picked up her bag and walked out the door.

I tilted my head back and sighed.

*****

I put on a little black dress that I had in the closet. I thought long and hard about Tiff's preposition. And hey, it is my last night as a single lady, so why not? I was putting on some red lipstick when I heard a knock at my door. "Your ass better be ready in there!" Her recognizable voice boomed through the door.

I saw Anthony still asleep in our bed. I leaned over the bed and kissed him on the cheek. "See you later tonight!" His eyes fluttered open as he smiled and went back to sleep. I walked downstairs to see Chris playing with the Lego blocks, building them up in a tower while Ash sat in front of him clashing two different pieces together. I smiled, it was sooooo adorable!

"Alright," I said, "If you have any emergency, call me and I'll get home as soon as I can. Ash doesn't need anything, but if he wants something, there's baby snacks in the cupboard. Be sure to put him to bed around ten, any later and he'll be a crying mess. Alright?" Chris nodded his head. "Good, I'll see you guys later!" I kissed my hand and sent it over to them as I walked out of the apartment.

I noticed everyone else wore a little black dress and wore red lipstick. We hugged and were on our way to the bar.

-Anthony's POV-

Once Genny left the house, I hopped out of bed and raced downstairs, seeing Chris. "You ready?"

"Yupp!"

"Mom!" I shouted. "Come in!"

And like on cue, my mother walked into the apartment and took Ash out of Chris's arms. "I can't believe I'm doing this Anthony." She scolded me. "I didn't even know you were a dad! I thought you were dating that Kasey person."