[Chapter 28] The Big Day

Start from the beginning

The corner of his lips curled up slightly in consolation. "I'm going to go check on, Genny. Make sure she's ready." And he stormed out of the room.

-Genny's POV-

Chris and I were standing in the building, waiting to walk outside down the aisle. I stared at Anthony as our bridesmaids and groomsmen walked out and lined up. It was Chris's and my turn and I broke down.

"What?" He asked, looking at me as I stood frozen.

I shook my head, "I can't do this. I can't do this!" I started waving my hands in front of my face to act like a fan.

"Come on, everyone's waiting!" He tried to convince me, grabbing for my hand.

"No!" I swatted it away, picking up my dress and walking away.

"Genny!" Chris shouted, running after me. "What's wrong?" I was starting to cry. "I'll go get Tiffany." And he ran outside.

-Tiffany's POV-

The guests were getting anxious, and so was I. Genny was supposed to come out five minutes ago. I looked at the glass doors and saw she wasn't there. I broke out of the line of bridesmaids and walked over to Anthony.

I laughed a little and went on to whispering, "Hey, um, not trying to sound rude, but where's your soon-to-be wife?"

He shook his head, "I don't know. I haven't seen her since this morning when we all left to come here."

Just then, I heard the doors fly open. I turned my head and saw Chris running towards me, without Genny. "Come on!" He exclaimed, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the building. He showed me Genny who was pacing in the center of the hallway. Her make-up was running and her hands were stained with mascara.

"Genny!" I remarked as I stopped her, "What's wrong?"

"I can't do this, Tiff! I'm not ready." She was sobbing. I hadn't seen her cry this much in like...ever.

"Yes you are!" I comforted her, "What's there to worry about?"

She just looked at me with eyes full of worry and fear.

"Do you want me to get Anthony?" She shook her head no as she began to pace again. I turned around and told Chris to go get Anthony, regardless of what she said. He left and I tried to get Genny to calm down. She was too worked up.

Anthony rushed in, followed by Ian. He pushed me to the side and talked to Genny. "What's wrong?" He inquired, wiping her cheeks off with a tissue I handed him.

She gave him the answer she gave me and I'm assuming Chris too. "I can't do this, Anthony. I just can't!" He held onto her arms as she cried and cried and cried. It was...awkward.

"Calm down." He told her. "Just breath in and breath out."

"No." Genny resisted. "I can't. My heart's beating against my chest and my mind is spinning. I can't do this."

I looked over at my shoulder and saw Kalel peeking in from the door. She had a look of sadness on her face, sadness for Genny. I blinked to make sure I wasn't just seeing things, but sure enough, she had the same expression. I turned back around and saw Genny walking away, again.

"Genny!" Anthony shouted, following her. We all followed her. She sat down in one of the chairs in the hallway.

"Anthony, I know you don't want to marry me. So just go, we all can go." She retorted quietly.

"What? No!" He knelt down and took her hands in his. "Genny, I don't know how many times I have to say it, but I'm over Kalel. She's a thing of my past. Though one of my longest relationships..." Genny stared at him in skepticism. "You are my everything. And I can't stress that enough." He looked up into her eyes, pushing a piece of hair that became loose from the clips behind her ear. "I love you, and I need you to get that through your head."