Vladimir Tarasenko (Saint Louis Blues)

"You don't have time for me Vlad! You just don't and you can't say you do because you know you don't. When was the last time you even spent a whole day with me?" his eyes shifted to look at the floor, a defeated look on his face. He knew he never had time for me. "Call me when you can answer that question." I told him and walked out of the door. Where was I gonna go? Who knows? But I had to go somewhere. I went to the only place I could think. I drove, and of course it was raining. This is like a movie, and not a cheesy romance one either. One of the stupid Nicholas Sparks movies where the main character dies before they can fall in love. Not that either of us were going to die, but our relationship definitely did. I pulled up to the door and knocked until someone answered. "Y/N?" my best friend's boyfriend, Jake Allen asked me when he saw me waiting in the rain. I hadn't cried yet, but sure enough, here they were. He pulled me into the house and grabbed me a towel, ushering me to the couch. "Shan's at a work event," he informed me on the status of where my best friend was, "I'm sure she'll be home soon though. If you want to tell me, I'll listen." he told me, rubbing my knee. "I asked him if he would go dog shopping with me tomorrow because he told me he wanted to get a dog. He told me he didn't have time. I asked him what he had and he wouldn't tell me. I think he's cheating on me." I told him, the tears coming back. "Oh, Y/N. I'm sure he's not cheating on you sweetie. It's gonna be okay." he told me pulling me into a hug. Jake has always been so kind to me. I'm so glad that Shannon found someone was good as him. Shan was the one who had set me up with Vlad, actually. Vlad needed a date to this dinner for the team, and she suggested me. That was 2 years ago. Had it really been 2 years since I first met Vlad? Maybe I was overreacting. I couldn't afford to lose him in the long run. "You know Jake, actually I think that I'm just gonna go home. I can't afford to lose Vladimir in the long run. Thank you for staying with me, and tell Shan there's nothing to worry about. I'll text you what happens." he nodded and pulled me into a hug. I headed towards the door, opening it. Once I opened it, I instantly collided with a large body. "I'm so sorry." A voice I recognized as my favorite person said to me and I stood up, looking him in the eyes. "Y/N." he sighed. "Hey, Vlad." I said to him, not wanting to look him in the eyes. "Baby please look at me." he begged and I looked up begrudgingly. He had tears in his eyes, which cause tears to form in mine. "Baby, you have questions and I have answers. The reason I couldn't go dog shopping is because I had been dog shopping. That's what I had been doing. Well, most of the time. The dog you wanted; that cute golden doodle? Ya, his name is Brady. He's in the backseat of my car right now. And the other thing I was doing? Well, it was getting ready to do this." he said and bent down on one knee. "Marry me." he said. "Let's think about this. You're trying to get me to forgive you, with a dog and proposing?" I asked. "Well I was hoping it would work. That's honestly what I've been doing." he told me. "It's true." Jake said. A huge smile emerged onto my face. "Yes." I told him, tears in my eyes, mirroring his. I grinned and slipped the ring on my finger, kissing me. The door started to open, so we moved. "Hey um, Vladimir? Y/N?" I heard Shannon ask and I looked up. "Hmm?" Vlad hummed. "Your car door was open, and umm, there's a dog peeing on the floor."

so sorry it's been so long! I've been busy lately :( hope you guys liked this one! requests are open :)