Chapter Twenty-Six: A Call

"Rachel?" I felt someone shaking me awake and for a panicked moment I thought it was Evangeline. My eyes shot open and to my relief it was Dean, but something about him seemed off. I stretched my tense muscle from falling asleep in the junkyard car.

"Are you okay?" I asked not beating around the bush. Dean looked down at his hands.

"There's something we need to talk about." I immediately didn't like where this was going.

"Okay...?" I replied timidly

"You're umm...Rachel... " Dean took a deep breath," Rachel, you're going to go away for a while."

"What do you mean? I'm already "Away" ,here with Bobby...." Then it clicked," No! Dean please!"

"It's what's best..."

"IS THAT WHAT THEY TOLD YOU? THAT IT'S WHAT'S BEST FOR ME!" I couldn't believe this!

"Rachel, you're in danger and right now maybe they are the ones who can keep you safest. I don't want to do this but they are your family too."

"No Dean they're not. They abandoned me then, and they will abandon me now. Please don't tell me that you already..." The look in Dean's eyes gave me my answer, he had. I felt my throat closing up and my eyes go foggy. "Dean...." I started to cry. This wasn't fair, I had just found my dad and now those sons of a bitch's were taking me from him!

"It's only going to be for a little while," he said solemnly.

"Dad....." I begged

"Come on, they're waiting. I packed your bag for you last night." He said his voice tight as he climbed out of the car. I bolted after him and stopped.

"No." I pushed my hands against him and he stopped. "Dean. Dad, two months ago I lost the only person I had left and I will not let that happen, not again. If you make me go with them I will run away and I will drop off the radar so far that not even Cas will be able to find me. Family is everything, and if you think that for one minute I'm going to let them take me away then you've got a surprise coming because I won't go."

Dean looked at me for a minute then that tell-tale grin came along.

"Good, because I knew you weren't going without a fight." he said. For a moment I was really confused.

"So you're not making me go?" I asked hopefully.

Dean shook his head with a smile, "Nope. But I had to see if you'd stand up to me or follow my orders." He wrapped me in a hug and I felt the tears come with relief. "And you did what I hoped." I wiped them away embarrassed.

"So what do we tell them?" I asked.

Dean and I walked around the house to the front yard where Alexander and Caroline Cardarelli were waiting for me, with solemn looks on our faces.

"Are you ready to go dear?" asked Caroline. Dean and I looked at each other.

"Actually Im not going," I told her. The look the Cardarelli's gave me was priceless.

"What?" asked Alexander

"I'm not going. I'm staying with my dad." They looked at each other then at Dean.

"But you said-" began Caroline

"You don't own me." I interrupted her, "I don't know you and I don't plan too. Because I'm staying right here." I looked at the guys around me, "With my REAL family." Alexander stared at me dumbstruck but his face grew dark with anger.

"Come on Carol. She's just like her mother, not a damn thing we can do here." Alexander walked around the car and climbed in. Caroline looked at me for a moment; her eyes sad with memories before she too climbed in their car. After they pulled away Sam, Cas, Bobby and Bentley looked at Dean and I.