Chapter Twenty-Five: You Can't be Serious?

Dean had called the night after my dream had happened. After I told him about it he decided they would come back, but it would take a few days. They had been in Maine looking for answers when I called them about it. Dean wanted to go over everything we now knew.

"How far out are you?" I asked Sam over the phone

"We're just coming through Cincinnati on I-74. We'll probably be at least 12 hours or so." He said. I looked over at the clock, it was 8:49 a.m. They wouldn't be in until late tonight.

"Okay," I said," Drive safe. I'll see you guys soon."

"See ya Rachel." We hung up and I sighed. Bentley came into the kitchen and sat down on the counter next to me. Over the past week we had become friends. He was cool and told me stories about his hunts. He was kinda like an older brother figure but I have to admit I was kinda crushing on him. Which is totally stupid because he is like 5 or 6 years older than I am and I'd have no chance with him but hey a girl can dream!

"Was that Dean?" he asked sipping his beer.

I shook my head, "No, it was Sam."

"How far out are they?"

"A good twelve hours." I made a stink face, "I wish they'd hurry up and get here." Bentley smiled.

"Yeah I bet. How long has it been since you last saw them?"

"About a week or so," I said taking a sip of my lemonade. I had just made it this morning, and honestly it tasted like shit. But it was that type of "oh my god this is terrible, but I'll drink it anyway" kind of tastes.

I looked out the kitchen window. It was the end of October and South Dakota had been fairly cold, to me at least. I had been wearing my jacket daily and at night I had to put an extra blanket on the bed. The warmest it had been was 42 degrees Fahrenheit!

"What type of music do you have on there?" asked Bentley pointing to my ipod which was next to me.

"Kinda everything. Except for Rap and Hip hop. That's just crap in my opinion. It's mostly classic rock though."

"I see," He said reaching behind me and grabbing it. He turned it on and scrunched up his face when he realized it was locked. "Whats your password?"

"I'm not telling you! You'll get on it constantly!"

"No I won't" He said matter-of-factly, which we both knew was a huge lie. "Fine," he said when I still wouldn't tell him," Unlock it for me and put on some music." I smirked at his defeat and unlocked the ipod, making sure he didn't see the password. I then put my music on shuffle. He stuck out his hand.

"What?" I asked.

"Come on lets dance!" He said with a grin. I smiled back. The next song that came on was Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger. We danced around Bobby's kitchen like idiots

"Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll
Don't try to take me to a disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In ten minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock 'n' roll"

We sang together as we danced. Bobby came to the doorway and watched the scene before him. When I caught sight of him I abandoned Bentley and headed for him. He fought against it but with Bentley's help we pulled him out and he danced with us. Teaching us both how to swing dance in the process. We were laughing and singing and dancing. Granted we weren't the most graceful or on key but it was a blast.

"Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
That kind of music just soothes the soul
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock 'n' roll"