Chapter Nineteen: The First Kill

• Dedicated to All my awesome readers!

My feet were on fire and I was shivering from the sweat on my skin. My breath formed white puffs as I ran through the woods. I had went back to the water grate and rubbed my bleeding feet on the rocks, this way the Rawhead would follow my trail instead of the kids. I had gone quiet a ways when I heard the enraged monster in the distance. It sent chills up my spine and I sprinted through the woods as fast as I could. If it caught me I'd probably die, and I had no defense against the thing. My taser had been in my jacket leaving me nothing to kill the Rawhead with. It did make this an even more troubling situation than before.

Desperately I wanted this thing off my trail but if I let that happen it would back track and go after James and the others. Branches whipped my face and my lungs felt like they were ready to explode. I prayed that James would reach Sam and Dean in time. The Rawhead had to die tonight, no one else was going to be taken.

As I ran I started thinking about what the others may have done to be taken. Rawheads take bad children and punishes them. What did it count as bad? What could they have possibly done? I heard the monster roar a ways off. It was getting closer. I didn't know how much longer I could keep going. My foot caught on the root of a tree and I fell twisting my right ankle. I gasped in pain it was probably sprained.

"Great! Just my luck!" I said angrily. The Rawhead roared again. It was gaining on me. I climbed back to my feet, picking up my pace again, even though my ankle was causing flashes of red in my vision. "Come on!" I told myself, "You survived about two weeks of torture with that demon bitch you can run from a Rawhead with a sprained ankle." My pep-talk helped a little, but honestly I had to admit I was scared of what could happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James saw the headlights up a head and ran into the road screaming and jumping. The truck slammed on its breaks. The driver looked shocked and James ran to the window.

"Please! you have to help us!" he said." We need to get back to the town! We just escaped, please help!" The driver got out of the truck and helped James get the kids into the vehicle. As fast as possible they raced back to town. The driver was on the phone with 9-1-1. They went to the nearest doctor's office. As soon as the truck stopped James was out and running.

"Kid! Where are you going?!" yelled the driver after him

"I'm saving a life!!!" he yelled back. Even as exhausted as he was James sprinted to the hotel where Sam and Dean were. The adrenaline in his system was the only thing keeping him going. He made it to the motel and found the room. Pounding on the door as hard as he could James prayed they were here.

"Hey!!! Please! Open the Door!!!" he yelled as he pounded.

Sam opened the door, he looked bed-ragged and stressed, inside the room Dean looked no better. Sam straitened up as he recognized James.

"Please!" James said trying to catch his breath, "Rachel....She....Danger!" His vision was blurring and he felt light headed but he had to save Rachel. He owed her his life.

"Rachel?! WHERE?!" Said Dean coming off the bed like a rocket.

"Woods,.....Monster...saving us...." James was struggling to breath. "In the woods!" he managed to say after a min. "She was...leading it off our trail, saving us." He felt the crash start. Sam and Dean were already out the door with James in between them.

"Show us where she is." said Sam as the tore down the street to the place James last saw Rachel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------