Dying Laxus x Dying Reader: Eternity

If you can't tell by the title this one's gonna be sad so... Read at your own risk.

There you were, in the heat of battle. Blood stained the grass around you as no dark mage could compare to the speed and skill of your blade. Of course, you were a bit bruised up and breathing heavily, using your magic on this duration was really beginning to take its toll, however you continued alongside what was left of the once mighty Raijinshu.

Evergreen had been fatally wounded by a spear through the throat. And Bickslow's face was deprived of an eye and his lower half lacked a leg, yet He pushed on beside Freed and Laxus. You had to push on as well. You couldn't let the fatigue do you in, not when everyone else was fighting so hard. You gritted your teeth in anger when you thought back to why you were in such a heated battle in the first place. The murder of Fairy Tail's beloved guildmaster had spurred a battle cry in all of the guild's members, Especially Laxus. You had always looked up to the blond mage and you both had come to see eachother as more than a friend. And when he was faced with the sudden death of his grandfather you emulated the blond's dismay.

The war between the Fairies and the assasin guild Forsaken Shadows had raged on for almost two months now and sadly, they were winning. Fairy Tail began the attack by surprise on the dark guild, but they had pushed you all the way back to the smoldering ruins of what was once Magnolia.

Your e/c eyes blazed with fury as you slaughtered more and more Forsaken souls as payment for all they had taken from you. Levy...Natsu...Lucy... Even Jellal and Erza's lives had all been brutally snatched from them at the hands of your enemies. Gajeel, overcome by grief, had killed himself while lying beside Levy's cold body.

All this. All the death and destruction had fuelled your and Laxus' burning desire for revenge at all costs. You continued to take down mercenaries left and right as the mighty lightning Dragonslayer held back as many as he could. But the two of you were overwhelmed to the point where you stood back to back with eachother as the last two on the battlefield. The tears were falling from your eyes now, knowing neither of you could keep this up much longer. Nevertheless the two of you fought bravely until you were on your knees.

Broken and battered you knelt there in Laxus' embrace, victorious caterwhals erupted around you as they realized they won. You glanced at Laxus' dirtied, bloody face, how his  stunning blue eyes were beginning to dull as the Forsaken Shadows began to retreat and leave you two to die.

Laxus slumped over onto the stained grass, never letting go of you, a small smile trying to mask the endless stream of tears flowing from his eyes as he began to speak,

"Don't be afraid N/N. We'll be together now. Forever." he struggled to muster out those words as he pet and stroked your hair lightly, " We'll live in a little house at the edge of the woods, and get married. And have wonderful children. Just you and I. With nothing to separate us." he kissed your forehead before he gave a small shudder and fell eternally still, a smile still plastered on his perfect face.

You buried your face in his chest, pulling him closer with a shaky grip as your voice broke the silence as well.

"Id love that... L-Laxus. That would be perfect." you replied, knowing he was waiting for you on the other side. You kissed his nose for the last time on this earth before closing your eyes.

And with that, the last two Faries fell, holding eachother in their war-torn arms.

------------------------------------

Well I hope you enjoyed, I promise the next one will be fluff!!! I'm a Laxus pansy and cried as I wrote the ending to this <///< but I thought it needed to be done and I hope it was enjoyable and something different from the norms of Laxus x Reader writings. Trust me there's more unique oneshots to be coming from me but for now, keep lovin on dat Laxus booti and leave a vote, comment, and a suggestion!!!

-Uncensored :0