Chapter 22. Erett, son of Erett.

Hiccup rounded everyone up, he was on a mission to rescue Merida, a mission fuelled by anger and love.
"Astrid, Snotlout, we are going to approach the attackers first. Ruff, Tuff will come in from behind and Fishlegs will hover above us that way we have them all surrounded and under surveillance." Hiccup explained whilst he saddled up Toothless. He turned to Fergus and Eleanor. "Your highnesses I advice that you stay safe." Hiccup sighed.
"But lad, I am the bear King! I'm the greatest warrior this land has seen." Fergus boomed.
"But if you get killed there will be no King to protect this land after." Hiccup reasoned.
"Fergus, let's just stay here. Hiccup is a courageous young man and will bring Merida back safe and sound." Eleanor calmed her husband. With that Hiccup and the others mounted their dragons and instantly shot up into the air.
~~~
"Let go of me, yer big brute!!!" Merida screamed at one of her captors. Her hands were tied behind her back and the gag had only just been removed from her mouth.
"What should I do with her boss?" One grunted. Merida quietened when she heard the word 'boss', she might finally be able to catch a glimpse of whom has attacked her land.
"Don't harm her. She's our leverage, gag her." A tall well built man instructed.
"Who are ye?!" Merida yelled. The man glanced down at Merida struggling on the floor. He sighed before introducing himself.
"I am Erett, son of Erett. The greatest dragon hunter of all time and soon to be king of Scotland." He declared. Merida glared at him, she wished she could shoot venom from her eyes.
"There's no way in hell you'd ever be King!" She spat. In a flash, Erett kicked her shoulder sending the feisty red head to the ground. Merida coughed furiously as dust from the mud entered her mouth. Before she could even retaliate, one of Erett's men hauled her up and gaged her once more. She was dragged away kicking and screaming. Erett turned on his heel, confident he was winning, as he began to stride away he heard the deafening roar of the night fury, one of the rarest beasts he knew of.
"Let go of her!" Hiccup commanded as he and Toothless descended from the clouds. Astrid and Snotlout followed closely behind him on their dragons: Stormfly and Hookfang. Fishlegs, as instructed, hovered above Erett's small army on his dragon Meatlug.
Erett glanced around at the teenagers, fury boiled in his blood.
"YOU WANT HER? COME AND GET HER!" Erett boomed. He yanked Merida up and threw her down to the ground once again.

Hiccup clenched his jaw as he watched

Hiccup clenched his jaw as he watched. Merida tried to sit up but a sharp pain rushed through her body, she felt weak and defeated for the first time in her life. Suddenly, Hiccup cried out in anger, he directed Toothless forward, swooping past Erett.
"Now Bud!!" He told his dragon. Immediately, a ball of fire erupted from Toothless' mouth, it hurtled towards Erett and his army. Some got caught in the blast but Erett had escaped, dragging Merida with him. "Astrid! You and the others deal with his pathetic army, I'm going to save Merida." Hiccup grumbled. Just as he and Toothless were going to follow Erett, the sound of drums could be heard in the distance. For a moment everyone stopped. The sound of drums got closer and closer until in the distance Viking ships could be seen docking. Almost immediately, Vikings poured out all prepared for battle and their leader was...Chief Stoic.
"Dad..." Hiccup breathed. Their eyes connected, Stoic nodded at his son, indicating for him to go.
As Hiccup flew away, the gut churning sound of a battle got quieter and quieter.