Chapter 12. Merida visits Berk. Part 2.

As Merida and Hiccup made their way back into the village, Astrid emerged from a hut.
"HICCUP!" She snarled. Suddenly, Hiccup froze in fear.
"Yes..." He whispered worriedly. Merida glared at the blonde haired girl.
"So this is the pathetic princess you've been seeing." Astrid spat as she came face to face with Merida.
"Ay lass! Yer better watch that wretched tongue of yers! Fer a starter ye have no right to be bossing around Yer future Chief, second of all, Yer have eh reight nerve calling the future queen of Scotland 'pathetic'!" Merida screamed at her. Astrid stumbled backwards in shock, no one had ever spoken to her like that. "Bye then!" Merida waved as she sauntered off with Hiccup following close behind.

"That was amazing!" Hiccup cried once they were further away.
"You are welcome." Merida curtsied. Hiccup smiled gratefully.
"You're the best." Hiccup beamed. A blush rose onto Merida's cheeks, she smiled at Hiccup shyly.
"Let's find out parents." Hiccup said.
~~~
The king, queen and chief spoke more on the tragic war.
"We'll need several hundred of your best soldiers." Stoic grunted.
"Ay." Fergus sighed. Suddenly, the doors to the great hall swung open and Hiccup and Merida entered.
"Merida dear!" Eleanor spoke up nervously. She'd noticed the bond between her daughter and Hiccup and was reluctant to split them up.
"Wha is it?" Merida said with a frown on her face. Merida and Hiccup sat with their parents, both staring at them worriedly.
"Son, we have some regretful news." Stoic said.
"Regretful?" Hiccup repeated.
"What's wrong?" Merida croaked.
"We have...declared war on Drago Bloodfist." Stoic mumbled. Hiccup's eyes widened.
"War on the dragons?!" He burst out.
"Yes." Stoic mumbled. He rested his head in his hand and sighed heavily.
"You won't be able to visit Merida again." Stoic whispered.
"WHAT?!" Merida and Hiccup cried in unison.
"It's too dangerous for Hiccup to travel Merida." Eleanor soothed.
"No!" Merida yelled, tear brimmed in her eyes. Merida leapt off of her seat and stormed away, sobbing. Eleanor's eyes met Hiccup's.
"I'm sorry-"
"This is so unfair!" Hiccup yelled. He stood up so quickly he nearly sent his chair flying.
"Hiccup! Sit down!" Stoic roared. Hiccup glared at his father before rushing off after Merida.

Merida was crouched beside Hiccup's hut, sobbing heavily. "This isn't fair!" She thought. "He's my best friend, what am I supposed to do in those boring summer afternoons?" These thoughts tumbled through her mind like a storm. She was so busy sobbing she didn't know Hiccup had sat next to her until his arms were firmly wrapped around her.
"I won't let this war split us apart." Hiccup sniffed.
"How Hiccup? Our parents are right it'll be too dangerous to travel." Merida croaked. Hiccup sighed sadly. "Maybe we'll just have to wait it out." Merida muttered.
"I'll tame them." Hiccup said. Merida looked up at Hiccup questioningly. "Well it can't be impossible can it? I'll some how capture one and tame it! It'll show my father we can trust the dragons!" Hiccup explained. Merida thought it was a bit far fetched but didn't dismiss the idea.
"If you can really tame a dragon, come to Scotland and get me and then we can fly away somewhere far away from war!" Merida smiled.
"That sounds like a plan." Hiccup chuckled.
"I...I'm going to miss you Hiccup." Merida whispered.
"I'm going to miss you too, Flame Head." Hiccup laughed. Carefully, Merida leaned over and wrapped her arms around Hicc's neck in an embrace. He buried his face into her red curls and silent let a tear slip down his cheek. He was really going to miss Merida.