Chapter 3. Princess lessons.

The next day, Merida and Hiccup joined queen Elinor in the great hall.
"Today, you will start yer princess lessons Merida." The queen said as she slowly paced back and forth.
"Uhhh mumm!" Merida whined. Hiccup snickered from behind. Immediately, Merida whipped around ready to punch him.
"Merida!" Elinor snapped. The young princess turned slowly on her heel to face her mother. "Merida, stand up straight, don't slouch." The Queen instructed. The feisty red head straightened her back and forced a smile onto her face.
"Better?" Merida said through gritted teeth. Elinor nodded in approval before opening her mouth to speak again.
"Hiccup, I have set up some lesson for you too." This time it was Merida's turn to snicker, or howl with laughter. Hiccup shot a glare at her before turning to the queen.
"Your majesty, my dad teaches me when I am at home in Berk." Hiccup tried to reason.
"Well, your father has informed me that he would like you to continue your training here." Elinor smiled, but it wasn't a kind and soft smile; it was forced and it said 'do as you are told boy!'
Hiccup sighed in defeat and stood beside Merida, ready to begin his lessons.
~~~
Hiccup sat on the edge of Merida's grand wooden bed, his lanky legs dangling. He was watching Merida whom was scribbling furiously on a piece of parchment at her desk.
"You okay Mer?" He squeaked.
"Peachy, Haddock." She grumbled.
"Want to talk about something?" Hiccup said, the boredom was kicking in.
"Not particularly." Merida sighed. Hic jumped off the bed and stumbled over to Merida and poked her in the back with a bony finger.
"Wha was tha for?!" Merida said angrily.
"Get up." Hiccup instructed.
"No, yer not me mother." Merida shouted in Hic's face.
"Please get up Mer." Hiccup said as calmly as he could.
"Why?" She retorted. Hiccup sighed.
"Want to go on an adventure?" He suggested, his eyebrows raised. Merida's eyes sparkled with interest.
"Should I bring me bow?" Merida smiled mischievously.
"It could be handy." Hiccup chuckled.