Chapter Eleven

“Now you can’t all go jumping to conclusions now that suddenly Damon Salvatore is telling slander of a vampire reproducing!” Klaus said hastily.

“As much as I wish it wasn’t true, we had tests done. It’s definitely me.” I said for the one-hundredth time.

“Katherine probably had some fling with a village boy, if it weren’t that way surely she would have mentioned it to me.” Klaus said.

“Maybe, but then again Katerina always was unpredictable.” Elijah said thoughtfully.

“I can’t believe that you and Katerina Petrova had a child!” Rebekah said, glaring at her brother, “For all these centuries have you not hated her and now we discover that you had a child with her.”

“I found out a minute ago also, Rebekah.” Klaus said trying to keep himself calm, “It’s not like I have been hiding it from you.”

“But you slept with her.” She said, crossing her arms tightly over her chest.

“Shut up Rebekah or I will banish you back to a coffin for another century.” Klaus threatened and then shut his eyes, taking in a long breath and then turning on his heel to face back to me, “Okay, can we get back to why I was called here?”

“Yeah, good idea.” I said and then explained to Klaus everything that I wanted to know, but he, like Elijah, came up short with answers. He didn’t have much to add to my knowledge at all, but he did seem very amused by the whole situation, now that we was ignoring Rebekah’s horror over the possibility of Klaus being the father of Katherine’s daughter. Klaus smiled with the corner of his mouth, “Well, this is quite a little situation for you and Elena.” He noted, “So the Petrova bloodline goes on.” He said.

“Unfortunately.” I said harshly, “But I’ll be the one to make sure that you don’t go and mess with the new doppelganger.”

Klaus laughed and then straightened his eyes back to me, “You should learn not to threaten me, especially when you’re here asking for my help.”

“Seems like you have no help to give anyway.” I shrugged casually.

“I knew nothing about Katerina’s child before or after he birth, you would have to ask her.” He said.

“But nobody knows where she is.” I said, rolling my eyes and leaning around the back of an old leather couch.

“Oh, I saw her.” Klaus said casually, adjusting the cufflinks on his blazer in a restless manner.

I could have sworn my eyes popped out of my head as I looked over to him, “Oh and you just failed to mention that?” I exclaimed dramatically, “Next time, let me know if a psychopathic doppelganger is still running anarchy over Mystic Falls, okay?”

“I never said she was in Mystic Falls.” Klaus said offhandedly.

“Where is she?” I asked, not being able to stand still anymore.

“Mystic Falls.” Klaus answered, making me roll my eyes. Of course I knew in myself that Katherine had to be alive, that girl was a cat of nine lives, and there was no way she would let a werewolf bite kill her. Still it came as a huge surprise to me that she was in Mystic Falls throughout the last few weeks and I’d been oblivious to that. I daresay I thought Katherine was a little smarter than returning to town straight away, but with her I could never tell.

“I assume you’ll want to talk to her.” Klaus said dully, “Seeing as I’m of no use to you either.” Klaus said.

“Oh I would love to talk to her also, brother.” Rebekah said sourly.