Chapter Six

I pulled up in the drive made of gravel stones, in front of the ideal beachside weatherboard cottage, still in pristine condition with a perfect garden, although the bushes were well overgrown. However the oxford blue cottage with white windowsills and a white entranceway was just as I remembered. I could see as I stopped the car, the cobblestone track that lead down to the beach, and a little bit of the shore.

“Damon, this is it?” Elena asked, gaping at the small, but ideal house.

“Yeah, this would be it.” I said.

“It’s adorable!” She beamed, getting out of the front to get a better look, “I didn’t think that this was your style, all cute and old lady-like.”

“I’m an old man, Elena.” I winked, popping open the back of the car to get out our bags, “Here.” I threw the key her way before I picked up the last bag.

Elena fumbled with the key in the doorway as I carried the two bags with ease. I took the key out of her hand when she somehow had trouble opening the door. She rolled her eyes when the lock clicked upon immediately. I held the door open for her and walked in behind her, placing the two bags in the entrance.

The whole house was made up of shiny and clean wood, with ocean blues and white. The living room was down a split level to the right, whilst the white kitchen and dining room were straight ahead. It was small, but decorated perfectly for the space.

Elena looked around, observing each detail of the floor to the ceiling, “Damon, you decorated this place?”

“Yep.” I said, leaning against a wooden pillar.

“Mr Interior-decorator too?” She said under her breath. Elena was finding out a lot about me recently, a lot that no one else knew. I scooped the bags back up into my arms and turned down a small corridor with two doors on either side at the end. I nodded to the one on the right, “That’s the bathroom, and this is the bedroom.” I upended up the door to reveal a vast white four-poster bed with drapes hanging from the posters, and a double door leading out onto the beachfront that was down a small slope.

I dropped the bags on a small sun bed by a window, “So this is it.’ I said finally. It was late afternoon, and the remaining sun glistened onto the water. I stood beside her; as she looked out of the double doors, “Want to go down to the water?” I didn’t give Elena much of a chance as I pushed the door upon and took her hand pulling her outside.

“Thanks for bringing me here, Damon. I really appreciate it.” She said as we made our way down the short cobblestone path and onto the soft sand.

I slung my arm over her shoulders as we walked to the waters edge, admiring the setting sun, “You needed it, and it was no problem anyway.”

She turned towards me, and I released my arm from around her. Her fingertips lightly traced along my jaw as she reached up on her toes to kiss me softly. Her lips lingered as mine reacted, growing more passionate as her arms wound around my neck.

I pulled away shortly, “Elena…” I said hesitantly.

“Don’t ruin it.” She said, her lips meeting mine again. It felt so right, but it wasn’t, it couldn’t be right. She didn’t want this; she didn’t want to be with me.

I apprehensively tied my arms around her waist, and agreed to whatever was happening. It didn’t stop suddenly with her uttering ‘I’m sorry, we can’t,’ she just kissed me, and I kissed her, as though we were always meant to be together.

Elena’s hands reached up to tangle themselves in my hair, moving to slowly passionate to forceful, hungry and eager. I had to stop this. I pulled away and my eyes flickered between both of hers, “Elena,” I whispered, “You know Stefan will stake me if I don’t stop this?”