Ch. 5- King Almighty

Lily Poppy Holst

I've been depressed. Ever since that humiliating night on Friday, I didn't bother to show up for school. I ended up catching a cold anyways and so I stayed home alone today.

"Achoo!" I sneezed.

I felt like shit. My hair was a total birds nest and my eyes and nose were all red and puffy from all the sneezing and coughing.

"Ughhh...." I groaned and got out of my cozy bed to take a warm shower. Once I got done with my warm shower, I threw my hair into a high ponytail and dressed up in a pair of fuzzy strawberry pajama pants and an old white t-shirt that was too big for me. I slipped into my soft turtle slippers and made my way downstairs to make my breakfast. Mom went to work and Kat went to her school.

Ah..I've got the house all to myself.

"Ding-dong!" Someone yelled from outside and pressed the doorbell.

"What the fuuu?" I opened the door and standing outside, was King Almighty himself, holding a movie and bag of treats.

"Go away." I slammed the door in his face but he stopped me.

"Nu-uh. Not today babe." Dylan wagged his finger in front of me and I blushed. I probably looked like Rudolph or something.

"What are you doing here? You have school to go to anyways." I raised my eyebrow but I sneezed in the process.

"Well someone's gotta take care of you Princess. Everyone basically hates you." Dylan stepped in and I froze.

Princess.

"Don't. Don't call me Princess. Please. And second, you probably hate me too but I'm telling you. Tiffany spread out huge lies." I spoke angrily and turned on the tv.

"I knew that Tiffany was being a total bitch. She wouldn't stop plotting revenge plans on that night where we saw you and Zach at that restaurant. I figured that was to get back at you. By the way, how'd you randomly catch a cold?" Dylan dropped the bag of treats and inserted it the DVD in.

I didn't want to answer his question so instead, I changed the topic.

"So how was school today? Was everyone expecting me?" I was actually really curious. I didn't show up today and I wondered what it caused.

"Well your ex was a total mess. He probably banged some chick after that night you left the dance. And everyone else is like, worshipping Tiffany." Dylan scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Is Zach heartbroken? Nah. He betrayed and ditched me. Jerk.

"Whatever. Let's just watch the movie. What movie did you bring anyways?" I turned the volume up on the tv.

Wait...

"How'd you find out where I lived? You creepy stalker.." I scooted further away from Dylan who laughed at me.

"Well you weren't here so I basically interrogated Zach to finding out where you lived. So you wanted me here eh?" Dylan wiggled his eyebrows and I threw a couch pillow at his face but he easily caught it.

"No but that'd creepy. I didn't ask for your cocky ass." I retorted.

"Ooh. Feisty much? I like it." Dylan growled and bit the air. How ridiculous.

"Shut up.." I turned away to look at the screen. He looked really hot. His face all scrunched up...and his eyes.

"Awh I made the princess blush. Are you falling for me already?" Somehow, Dylan scooted over to my side and pinched my cheeks.