Ch. 3- A Date? Well...

Lily Poppy Holst

The bell finally rang, signaling the end of school. I got up and turned in my worksheet into Mrs. Kimberly who stared straight ahead, not even paying any attention to the students passing by. Sighing, I felt someone's presence beside me. I turned my head to the side to see Zach trailing behind me.

"So...as I was saying earlier when we were so rudely interrupted by the bell...." Zach started and he looked somewhat nervous?

"Yes Zach? What is it you want?" I motioned for Zach to go on.

"Lily, would you go on a date with me later on? In the evening? I mean hang-well not like..you know..like-" Zach looked flustered as he tried to ask me out on a date. Let me say he looks hot when he stutters and looks nervous.

"Zach look at me." I said and tilted his head up. I saw a look of disappointment and sadness in them but I shook my head. "Zach..." I said laughing. "Of course I would love to go on a date with you this evening but I have to go to detention later." I smiled at Zach and he immediately lit up in happiness and picked me up and spun me around. I started giggling at his happiness. Man was it contagious.

"Of course! Yes! You just made me the happiest person in the world! I have things to do to make this the best date you've ever had! I will definitely see you in an hour!" Zach smiled brightly and gave me a kiss on my cheek and turned and skipped out of the building.

That boy...

Still giggling, I made my way to the detention room. As I opened the door, I saw that it was completely empty besides a snoring teacher slumped again his chair, drool coming out of his mouth.

I quickly sat down and after 15 minutes, the Great Almighty cane strutting in with Her glued to his side. Tiffany immediately saw me and pushed Dylan up against the wall and started making out passionately with him. A bit disgusted, I focused my attention to the homework that I was assigned. Moments later, Tiffany started moaning and having enough of their PDA, I quickly stuffed my work and pencil into my book bag and exited the school building and made my way home.

Now to get ready for my soon to be amazing dinner date with the fabulous Zach whom I'm starting to really like.

"Hey honey! How was school? Meet any cute boys there?" Mom wiggled her eyebrows as she turned to face me from the large living room area. I closed the door and leaned again a tall pillar.

"Yeah mom, it was great. A lot of stuff happened and I'm going out with this boy tonight. He's really sweet so don't say anything embarrassing about me to him." I gave my mom that 'just act a normal mom' look and she just playfully slapped my arm and giggled like a school girl.

"Oh sweetie! You're finally getting social again! It's been awhile since you've made some new friends correct?" Mum sighed and I left her to her thinking about the past.

Alright. Shower and then pick out a cute outfit. Got it.

After a quick 15 minute shower, I got out and quickly dried my hair and threw on a pink and cream colored floral printed spaghetti strapped dress that reached mid thigh. I put on an elbow length brown cardigan as pulled out brown heels with pink flowers on it that matched my dress. I then threw on a cute floral headband and left my naturally straight hair just the way it was. Just on cue, the doorbell rang and I quickly grabbed my small purse and phone and headed down.

"Oh! Well you must be the man that Lily was talking about! Oh look at you! I approve! Yes! I approve!" Mum jumped up and down as she observed my date with excited eyes. "Oh honey! How did you manage to catch someone like him? Oh! I love it! Now shoo! Have fun! But not too much fun sweetie." Mum winked and pushed me out the door.