Chapter 41- This Is Just... One Final Act.

A/N- Final chapter. Possibly. Much longer than normal as it's the end... getting quite emotional. Not edited fully I don't think. There's not going to be an author's note at the end of this chapter so I'll put it all here...

It may take a while for the sequel to be uploaded. Might make a trailer for it at some point which'll be added- although maybe not >-<

Hope you like this chapter and please, please, please, vote and comment ;)

Enjoy lovelies and goodbye for now... -HBH xxx

~~~~

Third Person POV.

The artificial light glistened off the rippling water in the pool and the sound of the little waves lapping against the tiled floor, then draining through the grates that gurgled, was the only noise that filled the quiet, abandoned space.

Midnight.

Nobody should be here but the creaking doors and slow footsteps echoing towards the pool area, the empty pool area, said otherwise.

The door leading to the tiled floor surrounding the pool opened and in walked Sherlock Holmes, donned in a black suit with a white shirt. He looked around the room and walked slowly towards where the shallow end of the pool was, squinting into where the spectators sat that was still in complete darkness.

He held up a memory stick in one hand and turned in a circle, speaking loudly into the bare silence, "Brought you a little getting-to-know-you present. Oh, that's what it's all been for, hasn't it? All your little puzzles; making me dance- all to distract me from this."

When Sherlock's back was to the pool, a door halfway down the long room opened eerily and he looked over his shoulder, as in walked in John Watson. He was dressed in a long hooded jacket and had his hands in his pockets, "Evening." Was all he said and Sherlock stared back at him, in complete shock.

Sherlock lowered his hand and continued to stare at John over his shoulder, not moving in disbelief.

"This is a turn-up, isn't it, Sherlock?" John said, almost emotionlessly.

"John." Sherlock stated softly in shock, "What the hell...?" He managed to move and began to walk towards the man he thought was his friend, the man he trusted.

With a look of despair John slowly took his hands from his pockets and opened up the jacket to reveal a lot of blink lights and wires strapped to his chest. A bomb.

A red laser, from a sniper, appeared immediately over the bomb and John gulped before speaking, "What... would you like me... to make him say... next?" Like he was being told what to say by someone else. Just like with all the other bomb hostages and victims.

Sherlock continued to walk towards John but looked everywhere other than him to scan the area as John continued, "Gottle o' geer... gottle o' geer... gottle o' geer." He broke down towards the end and took a shaky breath.

"Stop it." Sherlock warned forcefully, still looking around to find the source.

"Nice touch, this; the pool where little Carl died." John narrated again, "I stopped him." He tried not to break down again as he continued, "I can stop John Watson too." Then looked down at the laser on his chest, "Stop his heart."

Sherlock turned around wildly, in a frantic attempt to find who was responsible, and looking in all directions, "Who are you?" He asked sternly.

Another door, but this time at the far end of the pool, creaked open slightly and an Irish accent rang out from that direction, "I gave you my number. I thought you might call."