Chapter 3- This Is Just The Beginning...

Darcy's POV.

"I can give you two minutes." Lestrade declared as both him and Blondie stood behind me, wearing blue overalls.

Sherlock came up behind me and peered into the room, "May need longer." He stated casually, as if there wasn't even a body laying on the floor.

Just like I would.

Lestrade pushed in between us both and walked into the room, "Her name's Jennifer Wilson according to her credit cards." Sherlock and I followed behind him, Blondie hobbling after us.

"We're running them now for contact details. Hasn't been here long." Lestrade glanced at me, "Some kids found her." I smiled back at him cheekily and did the same to Sherlock. He raised an eyebrow at me and smirked.

I didn't get a good look at the room before. It was empty, save for a rocking horse in the far corner. Creepy. Scaffolding held the room up, health and safety. Pfft, there was just a couple of holes in the roof. No biggy.

I noticed Jennifer's hands were flat and positioned on either side of her head. Poor woman.

Sherlock took a few steps into the room and I followed behind him, he held a hand out in front of himself to focus on the corpse. I glanced back at Blondie who's face was filled with sadness and pain as he stared down at the body.

I looked at Lestrade and could see the cogs whirring in his brain.

Annoying.

"Shut up." I snapped at Lestrade and my eyes widened at Sherlock who had said the exact same thing at the same time. He just flashed me a cheeky grin, but it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

Lestrade turned to us both and looked shocked to say the least, "I didn't say anything."

Sherlock huffed, "You were thinking.-"

"It's annoying." I interrupted and stepped slowly towards the corpse, taking a good look. Sherlock did the same, I glanced at Lestrade and Blondie who exchanged a surprised look.

Sherlock stopped at her side, but I continued until I reached her head and glanced at the floor around her. The word, 'Rache' was carved into it.

Rache. German (n.) revenge.

I shook my head, why would she write an angry note in German?

I made a mental note to go back to 'Rache' when I'd thought more on the matter.

My eyes darted to her left hand, she had a ring on her ring finger and her fingernails were a state. The nails on her index and middle finger were broken and scratched at the ends. The pink nail polish was chipped in comparison to the nails on her right hand. Her index finger was placed at the end of the 'e'.

Left Handed.

She carved it into the floor as she was dying, so 'Rache' was definitely out. Why would someone write that as they were dying? So it was something else then.

I stared at the word that was painstakingly carved into the floorboards and letters appeared in my head at the end of the letter 'e'. Many appeared and disappeared, not relevant, come on. What is it.

Oh.

Rachel.

I smiled to myself and saw Sherlock reach out to her coat collar, he felt underneath it. His eyebrows knitted together as he inspected the body.

I crouched near to her head and returned my focus to Jennifer's hands and arms.

She had a gold bracelet on her left wrist, and I took out a small pocket magnifying glass I had 'acquired' from a market stall in Brick Lane Market. I inspected the bracelet closely...