Chapter 29- Is My Face Supposed To Feel Numb?

A?N- Sorry! I went away for a while and have been piled up with school work, got a bit of writer's block too eek... Oh yeah, there's mild-ish language in this chapter more so than normal... sorry if that offends

~~~~

Darcy's POV.

"Get off." I grumbled at the paramedic who was fussing over the cut on my cheek, they'd all rushed in a while after the explosion happened.

The firemen helped Sherlock to board the windows back up, the paramedics had wanted to check him but he just waved a hand dismissively and carried on.

"Get off me, I'm fine." I stated but he didn't move from where he was crouched in front of the sofa, where I was sat. "It doesn't even hurt."

He pulled both his hands away and said matter-of-factly, "It doesn't hurt because I've put a numbing gel on while I quickly stitch it up. It'll soon sting like a bitch."

"So that's what you're doing; wondered why it was taking so long." I commented dryly as Sherlock emerged from his room dressed in a purple shirt with a black suit jacket and trousers, unscathed from the entire incident it seemed.

It was much later now, almost morning, they needed to check the area and the police wouldn't let the paramedics in beforehand. We were told it was all down to a gas leak in the building on the other side of the street but I wasn't sure I believed that.

"It doesn't take this long to put a plaster on, does it?" Sherlock questioned and stood over me, buttoning his jacket and I glanced up with my eyes only.

"She's got one more stitch and we're done here." My paramedic answered for me and I smirked as best as I could, pointing a finger at him in acknowledgement.

Sherlock frowned and then exclaimed in disbelief, "Stitches? What the hell does she need those for? It was just a little cut."

"With glass stuck in it." The paramedic commented, "And done." He finished and started to clear away his medical equipment.

"Finally." I huffed and stood, only to get light headed and fall back.

The paramedic heaved his bag up onto his shoulder, "Yeah, the loud noise has effected your ears. You'll be fine in a little while." He headed for the door as Sherlock dropped into his armchair.

"Thank you." I whispered before he could leave.

He stopped in the door, "Just doing my job." He said in reply, smiling at me before he trudged down the stairs in his heavy boots.

I grumbled and laid along the sofa, staring over at Sherlock who had reached behind his chair to grab his violin.

He sat plucking at the strings absentmindedly and I rolled my eyes before demanding lightly, "Play for me."

"No."

I sat up and leant on my elbow, frowning at him, "Why not?"

"What do you think that was?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"What what was?" I inquired sitting up properly.

He twanged one of the strings loudly, "That explosion."

"Oh, urm, gas leak?" I answered questioningly, as I wasn't entirely sure myself.

He glared over at me, lowering his violin slightly, "No, that's what they told you but I saw your face you don't believe that. So, what do you think it was?"

"Hope I'm not interrupting." A voice I really didn't want to hear stated from the door and I groaned, looking round to see Mycroft.

He was dressed in a sort of grey-beige three piece suit with a blue tie and looking obnoxious as usual. Sherlock pulled his lips together in frustration as I huffed, "Hello, Mycroft."