Chapter Five

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Under The Bridge

Marty:

"She's coming with us Cameron," I let him know when I walked out of my aunt's house to greet him. He handed me a cup of coffee.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Marty," he shook his head looking up at the window where my room is.

"She's one of us. Margot has been hiding this from her. I don't know how but if her wolf dies so does her mate and what if it so happens that her mate is one of ours? Not only that she's an alpha pup like I was before dad died. She has power, I can feel it inside of her. She has a couple of months left. The death of her wolf can mean her own death and I've lost enough family members, don't you think?"

"Yes, I do alpha. How is school?" I glared at him making him laugh. He knows I hate being around humans.

"How's Nate?" I asked putting the cup on the hood of the truck to fix my scarf under the collar of my coat.

"He wants to come keep you company here as your brother or another cousin," I laughed.

"How do I look?" we both looked up at Amy as she insecurely pulled at the bottom of the button up. She held the coat I had let her borrow under her arm. We definitely take on our mother's genetics. Thank the moon for that. 

"You look amazing," I went over to her stopping her from pulling on the shirt. She let me turn her around and pull her hair back and out of her face. I pulled away. Her entire body shivered. The skin along her arms is covered in goosebumps. The air around her is now stale with fear.

"I don't like my hair up," she protested turning to look at me. I watched as she pulled her hair forward trying to hide something.

I understood why and I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before. A deep scar came from the back of her ear and curved into the outer rim of her right eye if it were any closer to her eye she might have been blinded. She usually covers it up with her glasses. They cover the scar perfectly.

"What happened?" I asked pushing her hair back to try and get a better look. The way the cut is embedded in her soft skin look like something had really torn through it not just sliced.

My dad was drunk. the voice lightly whispered in my head. Had I not been trying to hear her closely, I would have missed it.

I shook my head not believing that our minds just linked. Or rather her wolf's mind. It makes sense, Margot is still technically part of the pack and she's linked to me. The link was never broken when she left. It still surprised me and made me really happy to find that her wolf is still alive in there.

"Do you have scissors?" I asked Cameron. He went into the trunk of his Tahoe and came back with a pair of scissors. "I am really not trying to make you look like me okay but your hair needs to be up,"

"It's okay," she whispered as I pulled some of her hair forward making sure it covered what she's trying to hide. She let out a nervous giggle as I began to cut it. I had done this a million times for myself and some of the girls in my pack. 

"This is kind of scary," I admitted and motioned her to look at her reflection on the car.

"Oh my, god. What the fuck?" she laughed looking back at me. "Dude, we could be twins,"

"Except your hair is blondish," I agreed.

"Because my dad is blonde," she smiled and just like that the mention of him made my wolf growl inside of me. Humans sicken me. How can he do something like this to his daughter? How could Margot allow it? What else has he done to her?