Chapter 16

The house was silent for the rest of the day. I haven't seen Marc or Hunter since this morning. I kept myself busy by doing laundry, the dishes, baking, or crafts. I was never much of one for television but I watched a bit of a show called SpongeBob Squarepants which was really entertaining to be honest. I walked into Hunters bedroom and saw a small stuffed fox sitting in the center of the bed with a bow tied around its neck.

I smiled and picked it up noticing the white envelope sitting beneath it. I picked it up and opened the letter.

Violet,

. I'm sorry for running away like that so suddenly but it's hard to stay in control around you. You're so beautiful and I bought this for you. Hope you like him.

. ~Hunter

I hugged him close to me and moved the hair out of his plastic black eyes. He was the cutest thing I had ever seen. When it came to stuffed animals I was quite the hoarder. My room back at my parents house was already stocked full of my collection. After I got one I just didn't have the heart to throw it away after it was old. Even if it's hair was falling out, or it was stinky and nasty.

It was still my stuffed animal. I set the fox back on the bed and decided I needed some fresh air. Marcs words from this morning kept ringing through my head over and over and for some reason, I couldn't fathom them. I understood the whole ordeal, but it never really seemed to register. Hunter didn't seem dangerous the only thing odd about him was his eyes and his behavior. His voice was slightly deeper but that happened often and I was used to it. I opened the back doors and sat on a lawn chair placed by a fire pit in the center of the back yard.

I had only been sitting there for about several minutes before I heard a strange screeching noise. It sounded like a distress signal but it also sounded sort of like a bark/yelp. I stood up my eyes searching the trees for an answer to what that was. What if it was Hunter? What if that man had gotten him?

My breath left me in a rush and my bare feet's pounded the grass hard as I sprinted across the yard and into the trees.

"Hunter!" I screamed.

The birds flew in all directions startled at the disruption. I tripped over a tree root and fell into the dirt. I was about to pick myself up again when I caught sight of something caught in the underbrush. I reached out and untangled it from the vines grasp and examined it. It was fur. Grey fur.

Hunter didn't have grey fur did he? I thought hard back to the first and only time I saw him as a wolf. And even then I wasn't sure which one it was. There was a red wolf and a black one so he had to be one of them. The tightness around my heart eased some when I realized that this wasn't Hunters fur but it tightened again when I realized he could be hurt.

I stood up again and ran in the direction I thought I heard the cry.

"Hunter!"

My legs collapsed under me from so much running. I fell to the ground breathing heavily and watching my leg muscles spasm uncontrollably. I looked around having no idea where I was. There was a low growl beside me and I turned my head just as a black wolf emerged from between a tree and a seriously overgrown bush.

"H-Hunter?" I whispered.

It growled louder and lunged at me. I gasped as I waited for the large creature to land on me. It slammed into me hard making me gasp and we rolled at least four feet. But instead of feeling fur beneath my palms and against my cheek I felt skin. Warm human skin. I opened my eyes that I didn't realize were closed and came face to face with Hunter. His eyes were a deep endless sea of black and his hand wrapped in my hair pulling my head back.

I low whimper escaped my lips and he growled in approval.

"Oh God Violet."

He ripped my shirt at the hem and I covered myself quickly. His lips met mine hard and kissed me with so much passion. I felt the sort of high I felt when he kissed me earlier today and I lost myself in it. He grabbed my arms and pinned them above my head before pulling my hair back again exposing my throat. I felt his wet tongue lazily trail up my neck and along his mark making me tremble in pleasure. This reaction seemed to please him because he moaned and did it again.

His hands stroked my stomach gently and he nibbled my jaw.

"Right here, are where my pups will grow. You'll take care of them and protect them until I can do it myself my Luna." he murmured.

With that said, he moved back to my neck and bit down over his mark. I cried out in pleasure and grabbed his head pulling him closer when he released my hands. He retracted his teeth from my skin and lapped at it until it was nothing more than a red mark. He reached down and unzipped my pants and unbuttoned them. He was just about to pull them off when a twig snapped beside us.

I gasped when a man walked out of the trees completely naked chuckling. I shoved Hunter off me and did my pants and used what was left of my shirt to cover my torso. The man looked at me up and down.

"Well well well did I catch the Alpha and future Luna about to mate for eternity? Hm? Please don't stop on my behalf, I enjoy watching." he winked at me.

Hunter growled and stood angrily facing the naked man, being naked himself. Huh.... I can't believe I didn't notice that.

"Damn it Drew leave!" he snapped.

"The show's over for you two? Perhaps you'll let me take her and I can finish what you can't."

Hunters hand wrapped around Drew's throat and he slammed him up against a tree. I gasped and scrambled to help the poor man.

"Not even in your dreams you bastard."

Hunter threw him and caught my arm when I tried to see if he's okay. He drug me away from the man on the ground and we walked for what seemed like forever before we ended up in his back yard again. He went behind a tree and put a pair of sweats on and handed me a plain grey shirt. I slipped it on and looked back in the woods. Who was that guy?