Chapter 6

I felt hands on my head and I pulled away opening my eyes. The first person I saw was Hunter standing there with his hands stuffed in his jean pockets. He smiled and leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

" Hey." he whispered.

My brows furrowed in confusion and I looked around the room setting Marc and another guy I didn't know.

" Violet. How are you feeling?"

" Tired." I answered honestly.

The unknown man had brown eyes and black hair. He was extremely tall and had decent sized muscles. Somehow, he seemed older than everyone in the room yet looked younger. Jeez the guy must've aged really well.

" My name is Dustin. I'm a doctor and I have a few questions."

I nodded and felt Hunter take my hand.

" Okay. Have you ever been sexually active with someone before?"

I shook my head.

" Good. Just to make sure there will be no side effects to the medicine I'm having you take, do you have any allergies are you taking any prescriptions currently?"

" Umm no neither."

" Last question my dear. What all do you remember from last night?"

I thought back hard but all I got were flashes of various things.

" All I can remember is Hunter and Marc and something was burning inside me and then I blacked out."

Dustin nodded and checked a few things including my pulse.

" The burning you were experiencing was something we call heat. You may know it as your period or when you have points of highest fertility. Our kind goes into heat atleast five times a year unless the female has medication or an illness. The males can not usually help themselves and that's what drives them to take the mated or unmated female to produce pups."

Wait. Heat? Our kind? Pups!? My eyes flickered between Hunter and Marc seeing discomfort in their eyes.

" What are you?"

Dustin took a deep breath and looked to Hunter. Hunter silently nodded and Dustin looked back at me.

" Werewolves."

My confusion turned to shock. Somehow this all made sense. And I wasn't scared. Right now I should be running and screaming, but I couldnt. Something made me stay.

" But I'm human. Why would I go into heat?"

" Excellent question my dear. I suppose the only logical explanation would be because Hunter started the mating process, but did not complete it. He's an Alpha therefore his instincts are much stronger than a normal wolves and somehow he was able to restrain himself. You wanted to be claimed although you did not know yet so your body called out for him by going into heat. A dangerous maneuver, but very effective."

" What stopped it? Did he..."

" No. Marc had him taken away and I was called in to give you the medication. I gave you a shot that temporarily knocks you out for a couple hours, but takes away the heat for several hours. Most unmated females use this often and you just take it every six hours for about a week and then the heat should be gone."

I nodded and leaned back against the pillows. Wow. What a day. Hunters hand squeezed mine gently and I looked over at him.

" So you're not scared?"

I looked into his eyes seeing his worry and desperation.

" I know I should be, but I'm not."

He smiled and kissed my forehead nodding at Dustin and Marc. They both silently scrambled from the room. I felt him slowly slide in the bed next to me and wrap his arms around me.

" It's been a long day. Just get some asleep and we'll deal with everything tomorrow."

I nodded and cuddled closer into him. I breathed in his sweet smell and let it slowly drift me to sleep.

A/N:

Hey sorry foot not updating in a long time. School has just been crazy hectic and extracurricular activities are piling high! Anyway this chapter was just a filler Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if you're still confused message me and I'll explain the best I can. Please please please vote, comment, and fan!!!! I love reading everyones comments!!!! :-D