Death is a Welcomed Thought

Start from the beginning

Sara saw the deep seated fear in Nyssa. It was what she feared most, being the reason for her beloved's demise. She would never be able to forgive herself for that. Wanting to be with her so much, she brought her into her dark and dangerous world, putting her at great risk. She has long battled with choosing whether to be happy and keep her by her side but will lead to her life being at risk, or just let her go, keep her at a distance and keep her safe. Both cause her great misery, but the thought of never being with her is simply unbearable. She just has to make sure to be there by her side at all cost to save her from all the danger her life with the League entails.

"Your father loves you. He will not harm me." Sara tried to soothe her.

"He never approved of us."

"But he allows it."

"He tolerates."

"None the less, it is because he loves you. He won't risk losing his daughter by killing her beloved."

"You don't know my father. He is Ra's al Ghul, head of the demon."

"Okay. This, I know. No matter what happens, I love you, Nyssa al Ghul."

"Don't say it like that."

"Like what?"

"Like it's the last." Nyssa could feel the darkness of the mood setting in. Her fear of losing Sara ever growing. She couldn't even look at her now. She promised to be her protector, yet she's the one being broken down by her fear.

Sara lifter her chin to force her to look back into her eyes. She felt a sense of possessiveness seeing Nyssa so vulnerable; showing her fear, and breaking down all her walls right in front of her. It was just for her. All those fear, all those walls down, just for her. Her Nyssa. The greatest thing she could trust her with, that she doesn't even let anyone get a glimpse of, all her emotions. No barriers, just raw stripped down emotions for her alone. She smiled at how honored she felt by it. Being the only one to see all that of someone so incredible.

"I love you." Sara said, her eyes sparkling in the dark.

Nyssa smiled as well. Her light. Her Sara's light that could always brighten her darkest moments. Yes, only she is capable of easily washing away her fears and worries with a sweet smile, a sparkle in her eye, of simply being there. Only she could do that. Her light. Her Sara.

"And I love you, Sara Lance."

They stood there in each other's embrace, looking at each other, just letting their eyes do the talking. Their gazes overflowed with love.

The door opened, but they stayed holding one another.

"Ra's al Ghul summons her presence."

Those words completely broke the moment. Sara saw another flash of fear in Nyssa's eyes before she put back her shields in the unwelcomed presence. Her feature took a more serious note and grew furious when she realized it was Alec who had spoken. Of course it was him. The bearer of the dreaded news.

"You did this."

Alec scoffed, "I wish I had part in this, for the numerous times I had warned your father, I think he has finally come to his senses. He should put her in her right place."

"What has she ever done to you, Alec?"

"Ra's al Ghul summons her presence. He does not appreciate to be kept waiting."

"I can take her to him."

"I am here to make sure of that."

He was once more than a fellow assassin to her, he was her most trusted friend. It seems that they no longer see things the same way. She knew she has changed, but she also thought she could still trust him.