eight.

CONTROL.
008. | ❛ you're home .

"It was him

"It was him. He looked right at me and he didn't even know me."

"Us." Caroline corrected him still hurt from the bullet and keeping an eye of Kiara, who was still unconscious.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago."

"Zola," Steve replied,"Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on 'em. Whatever he did, it helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Caroline said weakly. Steve could see that Caroline was losing the pigment of her skin. And it was difficult for her to stay awake.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." But Steve quickly added something, "And now I have you." Caroline, let out a grunt of agony as she could feel the bullet go deeper into her shoulder. Kiara's body was now leaning on Caroline's, specifically the bullet wound.

"Who is she?" Sam gestured to Kiara.

"She's my sister," Caroline said. "She must've been experimented on or transformed into something to still be alive."

"Shouldn't she be like your friend out there?" Sam continued to dig himself a hole.

"I guess. But she was protecting me. Not just today but for a while, she's been checking up on me, watching me, guarding over me to see if I was okay. That just proves that she's not one of them and also proves that Bucky can't be one as well." Caroline looked to Steve who squeezed her hand. She whimpered as he did so feeling more of the bullet carving through her shoulder.

Sam notices Caroline is bleeding from her shoulder and looks at the guards,"We need to get a doctor here. We don't pull it out she's gonna bleed out here in the truck."

Suddenly one of the guards pulls out an electric rod and neutralizes the other guard and knocks him out, the guard is revealed to be Maria Hill as she takes off her helmet.

"That thing was squeezing my brain."

Sam looks at her in confusion,"Who's this guy?"

When the van stopped, Maria took the opportunity to drill a hole through the van using a device SHIELD invented and the four of them crawled through.

__________________

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Maria called out down the dark hallway as someone they didn't recognize came towards them.

"Maybe two." Sam yelled as Caroline leaned on Natasha and Steve's side.

"Let me take her!"

"I'm fine. Just take care of my sister." Caroline called out as she was being split 5 different ways by the doctors. It wasn't until Caroline shed her fangs that they backed off and started focusing more attention to her sister's injuries.