Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sarmassophobia - Fear of Love Play

Start from the beginning

            Adrian was quiet for a moment and it was too long before Ajay said it.

            "He's your boyfriend."

            I blinked and looked at Adrian.  He was standing, frigid in silence before glaring at Ajay.  I assumed it was because he wanted himself to ease me into it.  I tried to think about Adrian as that.  He looked as if he was, well, the type of guy avoided girly men like me.  I'm not saying Adrian would be the bitch in the relationship, even with those "fuck-me" lips, I'm just saying he looked like the type of guy who'd get pissed off with a person like me.

            But then again, he also looked like he wanted to dominate me.  Well, not me, just anyone in particular.  I tried to remember any of it, but I couldn't.  Would he be a good boyfriend?  I mean, he has a home and lets me stay there - which is nice - but was he a good person in general.  When he was arguing with the doctor, I could tell he cared, he had to.  But honestly, once again thinking about his type, I wondered about our sex life, was he good in bed?  I glanced at him, of course he was.  He was power and through those jeans I could see his butt was well formed and a reasonable lump was in store.

            "How long have we been dating?"

            Ajay was going to answer but Adrian glared at him and asked me, "Don't you want to ask how many years have passed?"

            "Oh," I blushed, "There's that."

            "Look, I'll answer later, but for now, get some rest and I'll talk to Ajay, privately," Adrian didn't wait for a reply before grabbing Ajay by the collar of his shirt and dragging him out of the room.

            It was quiet for a long moment and I sink in the bed.  Adrian, my boyfriend?  I've had boys who I had sex with but a boyfriend.  I blushed, maybe coming to New York wasn't a bad thing.  Maybe my life, and luck, wasn't shit.  Adrian was good-looking, to the point where it made me want to get on my knees and crumple at his feet.

Adrian’s POV

            "Boyfriend?" I asked, quietly, trying to contain my anger.

            "Yeah, boyfriend.  Like a guy who dates for a long time with commitment..." Ajay began to explain, slowly as if I were an idiot.  He saw my glare and stopped midway.  He grinned, "Look, it's not going to hurt anyone."

            "Oh, really?  It's a lie."

            "Yes, because Adam has no one in his life.  A boyfriend is exactly what he needs," Ajay explained.  He sighed before ruffling my hair like a adult does to a small child, "It's not going to hurt anyone."

            "What if I hurt him?" I asked.

            "You won't," Ajay smiled, "I've seen the way you look at him, talk to him, speak about him.  This just makes that six month period of friendship turning into sex turning into love a lot shorter."

            "Love comes before sex," I put in.

            "Not in America."

            "You're sick," I tried not to smile, "Adam will be angry if he finds out."

            "Not if you make him fall in love with you."

            "Dude, that's... a lot to ask of a guy," I said.

           He shrugged, "And if it doesn't work, you can always tell him it was my idea."  He saw my expression and laughed.

           I was tempted to go along with it.  But I wasn't.  It was selfish and stupid.  I couldn't live with myself if I hurt Adam.  I drove myself back to his room and hurried inside his room, but stopped halfway when I saw Adam had already fallen asleep.  A smile was on his lips.  I frowned before settling myself in the hospital chair, and I watched him.  A blush heated my cheeks when I thought how creepy it was to watch him.  I tried to settle in my chair and think about something else but looking at his face, I fell asleep.