Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sarmassophobia - Fear of Love Play

Start from the beginning

            The only people who can get away without getting a college education is guys who make Tumblr and people who are already super-genius or if their super rich.  But seeing I am kind of a failure at life, I'd probably get none of those.  And even though most people say I'm charismatic and can make friends rather quickly, that isn't to say I attract the right people.

            Where would I go?  I assumed I'd get a cheap place to stay with a random friend of mine before getting a job and then getting a cheaper place for myself.  But who would hire me?  I'm not exactly strong, and usually that makes up for the lack of a college degree for jobs like in construction or heavy-loading jobs.  I don't have my driver's license, I'm kind of a weakling with an attitude, and I usually have a hard time dealing with stupid people - meaning I'm easily agitated.

            I knew people in New York, like Ethan and...  But those memories tend to put me down and I don't need that shit.  I also knew Leo, through Alex.  But his girlfriend - though he hates it when I call her that but honestly I don't remember that cocky bitch's name - annoys me.  They argue to the point where it passes funny and runs straight to fucking annoying.

            But besides that, I don't like handouts.  I never did.  And unless it's an emergency, I don't take them.  I work for what I need, because needing to owe a favor seems unnecessary.

            And when I did, those moments came rarely.

            I looked back up at Adrian.  I couldn't tell whether I could trust him.  He stood tall, he looked like he dyed his hair but I wasn't certain.  It was a dark auburn color, maybe he was trying to dye it black or maybe red.  I couldn't tell but it was almost a could color on him.  He was pale, but that wasn't exactly uncommon here in the NYC.  He also had piercings, several in his right ear, lining up.  His eyes were a pale, dull color.  I was uncertain to what color it was; either gray, blue, or green, maybe even hazel.  He had short, cropped hair and handsome, classic features.  The only feature that stood out was his big bottom lip.  It made you wonder if it was even able to be called an imperfection because it dragged your attention to his mouth, which looked to be soft, pink, and had big, white pearly teeth.  He looked buff, not as much as Ajay, who now I could see some resemblance.  They were brothers?  The only difference was that Ajay had soft dirty blonde hair, thinner lips, and a slightly broader chest.  Plus Ajay seemed to have a mischievous look about him, as if he lived to make Adrian angry.

            Though if they were brothers, I could almost understand.  Ajay looked as if he was meant to be the younger brother, because usually the younger ones always seemed to be more carefree.  But at the same time, I could tell Ajay had issues, because there were thin pink lines - dulled and old scars - on his wrists.  He also had the wary, dull eyes, but they looked older, more mature, and had a deeper pale icy blue hue to them.

            "Adam?"

            I blinked, "What?"

            "Is there anything you need to ask?"

            "Um, where do I live?" I asked, frowning.

            "Not any particular place, but you'll be staying with me for a while.  I got a nice flat now and you can stay there for a while until you get a home for yourself," he sighed and rubbed his forehead.  I wondered how long I was ignoring him.  He looked as if he'd been awake all night.

            "Who are you?" I asked.

            "My name's Adrian."

            "I didn't mean that," I bit my lips and tried to reword it so he could understand, "Who are you to me?"