Chapter 6

~~Sam's P.O.V.~~
I walked with Black Canary through the place that I learned was called "Mount Justice" (I think that's what it was called). She led me to a room that had seven teenagers that looked to be around my age(18). My orange eyes surveyed my surroundings in the blink of an eye, and I also determined that they were all friendly, a. because they were laughing and goofing around, and b. because Wally was with them.
"Alright team, we have a new member joining us." Black Canary announced, making all the heads in the room turn to me.
"H-Hi, I'm Sam, and I'll be your new teammate." I said shyly, hiding a bit behind Black Canary. Two of the three girls in the room walked up to me, followed by the boys.
"Hi, I'm Megan, or Miss Martian!" A perky green skinned girl with chestnut hair and freckles said as she flew up to me, and gave me a big, bone crushing hug.
"I'm Zatana, it's nice to meet you, Sam!" A girl with black hair, and clear, pale skin said as Megan released me from her "hug-of-death", and held her hand out to me. I took it, and shook it as the next person came up to me.
"Sup, my name's Robin, it's nice to meet you." A boy with raven hair, pale skin, and black sun glasses covering his eyes, but didn't really cover up his identity, said to me as we shook hands. He was pretty cute, but I won't tell him that.
The next person to come up to me was a really cute, and strong looking boy with the Superman symbol on it. He had a strong grip as he shook my hand.
"I'm Connor Kent, or Superboy, as everyone calls me." The boy said with a small, yet sincere, smile.
"Hello, I'm Aqualad, or Kaldur'ahm, but you can call me Kaldur. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sam." A boy with tanned skin, blonde haired boy with gills, and webbed fingers/toes. We shook hands as the next person came up.
"Wally?! You're a super hero?!" I asked in shock. Wally chuckled, and pulled me into a tight hug, which i returned immediately.
"Sup, Sam? How's life?" Wally asked, making me giggle as I leg him go.
"Oh, it's good. I got kidnapped by aliens, and I now have super powers, now. So, yeah, I'd say that life's pretty good right about now." I said sarcastically, making us both laugh at our stupidity.
"Oh, hold on a sec." Wally said as he turned around. "Hey, Artemis, come and meet Sam! I've known her since we were kids, and she's awesome!" Wally shouted over to the blonde girl in the corner, who I determined as Artemis.
"No thanks. I think I'll pass on the idiotic mingling with weaklings." Artemis said in a monotone voice as she walked out of the room.