Part 1: Chapter 4

When I got to the bar I rested my arms on the counter and looked at the menus that were under the glass table, waiting for the bartender to come. 

While I waited for the serpent-looking guy behind the bar to come over to me I tried to figure out what the words on the menu meant. 

Cruor - 190

Calamochnus - 105

Venenum - 202

'What the actual fuck?' I thought to myself as I looked over the long line of disturbing sounding words. 

"What can I get you?" a low voice with a slur to it asked as two scaly hands slid onto the table. I looked up, just to see the serpent guy in front of me with a grey towel over his shoulder. His eyes were trippy, and would have probably knocked me out if I had epilepsy. They were quickly moving from color to color, not leaving you much time to fully digest what color was there before another one came. 

"Give me," I said as I looked back at the menu and closed my eyes, still seeing those eyes flashing on the inside of my eyelids. "Um..." I said as I slowly opened my eyes, pointing to the first one I saw. "Cruor," I said, pronouncing it with surprising ease. 

'This is normally when the demons would fuck with me,' I said to myself, pursing my lips as I remembered those little pieces of shit. 

But, if I'm being honest, I do feel... empty without them sometimes.

"Five of them," I added, seeing the bartender nod and smile at my request. 

"That would be nine-fifty," the guy slithered with a sly grin, holding out his hand patiently. I raised an eyebrow at him and slowly laid the gold coin into his hand, not knowing if it would be enough for the three drinks. But when I saw his eyes almost fall out of his head at the sight of the coin and swing his head up to me like he couldn't believe I had this coin, I had a feeling that the coin was definitely enough. "I'll..." he said slowly, clearing his throat awkwardly. "I'll... be back with your change, Miss." 

I was shocked with his sudden mood change. It made me wonder if the type of money you use acted as a way to know what your social class here is. 

'That, or people with gold coins are just treated weird,' I thought to myself as I waited for the guy to come back from the old, rusted cash register in the corner of the small room. 

Not even a minute passed before he came back with a huge pile of coins, some almost falling out of his stack as he walked towards me. 

"What the fuck?" I accidentally said out loud as he reached me, forcing my eyes not to widen. 

'Or people with gold coins are fucking filthy rich,' my conscience said as the guy laid the coins on the table and reached for a bag under the table. 

"Would you like me to bag the coins for you, Miss?" he said, not making eye contact with me anymore as he brought up the bag and held it up next to the coins. 

"Yes," I replied, watching as he immediately started bagging them. When he was done bagging them I reached over for the bag and accidentally brushed his hand while trying to grab it. I felt his whole body stiffen at my action. "Thanks," I muttered as I stood up from the stool,  making his head snap up to look at me. 

"What did you say?" he asked in a startled way, making me want to slap myself in the face. 

Thanking people in Hell, Michelle? Seriously?

"Thanks," I repeated with a smirk, trying to play it off. "For nothing. I'll be back for the drinks. They better be done when I'm back," I finished before walking off, swaying my hips confidently as I left. Once I was out the bartender's sight, though, I scurried like a little mouse back to the four guys.