Endless Possibilities

"Marry me?"  

I gulp as everyone around me stares at our direction, I look back at Lucas whose smiling unconditionally. Tears rush in as I clenched my fists, he looks at me worried as I sob. He touches my cheek and closes the box, he puts it in my hand and touches my shoulder. My tears are wiped away as he helps me up and walks me down the bleachers.

Mercedes jumps from the crowd and runs towards us, she takes hold of my legs and giggles, I glance at Lucas as he kneels down and plays with her. My thoughts fumble in my head as I kneel down and touch his back, I nod to him as he looks at me confused. I open the black box and place the ring on my finger then nod at him, his expression changes as we both stand up. All of the sudden I'm taken off my feet and spun around, he places me down and kisses me.

"Maya, I thought-"

"Lucas, I know I'm not the perfect girl, I know I'm not special enough for any other guy.  I look at you and mixed emotions rush in, I feel love and sadness because I'm scared you'll leave me." I spoke

 He looked at me and smiled "I don't know what will happen, but wherever you are, I'm there." 

Mercedes blinks at us, not knowing what happened. She lifts her shoulders up and walks off to Riley and Farkle, we look at one another and laugh.

"Whoever you are, Ranger Rick, Roy, Huckleberry, Sundance, Bucky Mc Boing Boing, Lucas, I wouldn't change a thing."

( 6 years later )

I rub my stomach and fold the remaining clothes into the crib. Mercedes sits next to me as we both look into the mirror, I feel a kick and jump. 

"Did he kick, mommy?" Mercedes asked

"Yeah, he did. A baby brother, will you take care of him?" I ask smiling

Mercedes smiles and nods, she runs off. I push myself up and look around the room, Lucas touches my shoulder as he holds Mercedes hand.

"You ready to go?" Lucas asks 

I glance at the room one more time and look back at Lucas.

"I'm ready for anything as long as I'm with you." I say 

Nothing needs to change, but it does for the better. A family with the love of my life, everything's perfect.