Confession

Lucas got out of the hospital yesterday, but I couldn't help think about what he said, wife? Did he really want to marry me, or was it just an excuse? That spun in my head faster than a tornado at the level rate of five.

Lucas was asleep in my bedroom while Mercedes went on a play date with a friend from daycare. I decided to invite Riley and Farkle over to hangout, I didn't want to to tell them just yet. I finished cooking and went to check on Lucas, I sat down beside him and stared at him contently. 

I laid down and snuggled him tightly, I pressed my head on his back and wrapped my small arms around him. I closed my eyes and took in his scent, he smelled of shampoo and cologne. I heard a knock on the door and opened my eyes, I pulled myself up and shut the door behind me. I opened the door and smiled widely at Farkle and Riley, It reminded me of the old days.

"You're here!" I shouted "There are snacks on the table and feel free to open the fridge.""Hm? Where's Lucas?" Riley asked politly, folding her hands behind her back

"Oh, he came over really sleepy and ended up falling asleep on my bed." I lied

Farkle and Riley looked at each other, wiggling their eyebrows and making googly eyes.

"Stop it!" I laughed

The door of my bedroom opened and Lucas came out yawning as he scratched the back of his head. He was surprised to see both Riley and Farkle, but quickly pulled off his expression with a welcoming one.

"Sorry! Maya let me sleep in her room since I just got back from the hospital." Lucas implied

"Hospital?" Farkle tensed

"She didn't tell you? I passed out when I came to work on the project with her." Lucas said, taking an apple from the fruit bowl.

Riley looked around the apartment with an amazed face until she saw Mercedes' room, she looked at me confused.

"Maya, don't you live alone?" Riley asked 

I tried to think of an excuse quickly, my palms got sweaty fast

"Oh, I was thinking about getting a roommate, so I could pay rent on time." I huffed

Riley gripped the handle, ignoring every word I said and pushed it open. She gasped and Farkle also went to inspect the room while Lucas and I stood there frozen, I rushed towards them and gulped hard.

"The reason you missed school...the reason you never visited was.. because you were pregnant.. that was three years ago Maya!" Riley shouted "How could you not tell me this?!" 

I felt the anger rush inside me, I tried to contain it and it somehow broke loose, all hell broke loose.

"How could I not tell you? For gods sake Riley, you don't understand the pressure inside, knowing that you have no one there! I was alone, living alone and I couldn't feed myself! I wanted to tell you, but if I did then you would tell Farkle, then Lucas, then the whole school would know! What the hell was I supposed to do?! I was fifteen, FIFTEEN!" I screamed, feeling the tears rush down.

Riley didn't respond, no one responded and everybody looked at me blankly, Lucas pulled me back 

"Don't" Lucas whispered

"I didn't mean to get her pregnant, It happened. She asked me to take her virginity and I did. I know I shouldn't have, but I did." Lucas confessed "Don't pin this on her, please sit."

Farkle didn't say a word and Riley couldn't even look at me, they both sat down and looked at each other then looked back at us.

"Her name is Mercedes, she should be home soon. She's a smart three year old and I love her more than anything in the world." I said firmly

"Lucas, I liked you! Why did you do that?" Riley muttered

"Riley, we both saw it, how Maya and I became closer and we became distant." Lucas replied

Riley bit her lip and you could see the blood boil just by looking in her eyes

"The worst thing about being betrayed is the fact the people you trust the most never tell you the truth themselves, they keep it for three years instead." Riley mocked, getting up and heading straight for the door. She pushed it open and her angry expression was replaced with a small smile, she was eye to eye with Mercedes.

( LUCAS POV )

Farkle stood up and looked at me straight in the eyes. He wasn't angry, he didn't have any emotion whatsoever.

"I thought I was your best friend, I told you everything and then you hurt Riley. I don't see why she was into you." Farkle spoke

Mercedes entered the house and walked over to Farkle looking up at him.

"Love. Her." Mercedes said confidently pointing at Riley

Farkle looked back at me and his face was red, he gulped.

"Who?" Farkle asked, kneeling down to her height level.

"You." Mercedes pointed and ran off quickly

"I don't see where she gets her smarts from." Farkle smirked, winking at me then heading straight towards Riley and tapping her shoulder. I stood there with my mouth wide, looking like a fool.

I walked over to Maya who was sitting on the couch looking frustrated with her hands intertwined. I sat down next to her and rubbed her back.

"Does it get easier?" Maya asked looking at me with a drop of hope

I smiled and wiped her teary eyes, she rested her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

"It will, soon." I promised; twiddling my fingers

A glass cup dropped from the kitchen and you could hear crying, Maya and I stood up quickly once we heard the noise. I ran to the kitchen to see Mercedes standing right next to the shards, you could see small cuts on her nose and her legs. She began sobbing loudly as soon as I picked her up and shushed her.

"Riley, please get me the band-aids in the bathroom cabinet." Maya asked worriedly

Riley nodded and ran towards the bathroom hurriedly while Farkle and Maya cleaned up the shards. I placed Mercedes on the couch as Riley came back and handed me the band-aids and a wet rag.

"It's okay, don't cry. Daddy's is here." I said, wiping off the cuts on her nose and legs slowly as Riley stood there with a shocked face. I placed the band-aid on her cuts and wiped away her tears, she calmed down and stopped crying soon enough. I stood and let her rest with my heart still beating fast.

Maya came over along with Farkle while Riley glanced at her, Riley hugged Maya and began crying. Maya's surprised face faded into a warm smile as she brushed Riley's hair.

"Let it out, I'm here." Maya smiled, making Riley's sobbing become louder.

Farkle and I looked at each other and fist-bumped . I huffed loudly and looked at Mercedes, she had fallen asleep peacefully and I smiled. What a beautiful life given to a beautiful little girl, my little girl