Life

I looked at the peephole and my face darkened, my smile was replaced with a frown as I opened the door. I looked at the figure standing in front of me and my eyebrow furrowed.

"What the hell do you want?" I demanded

"Maya, I miss you, I miss us. I love you." Josh said, getting close to me and caressing my cheek.

"Don't touch me, I don't feel the same. You're abusive." I dodged

"Maya, baby please." Josh whined, throwing me to a wall and trapping me.

"Leave me alone! I don't love you Joshua! I hate you!" I screamed, closing my eyes

The door to my bedroom opened wide and Lucas seemed to have a box in his hand, he dropped the box on the ground and his face got cold with pure hatred.

"Get off of her, I suggest you listen." Lucas enraged

Joshua smiled at Lucas and smashed his dirty infected lips on mine in front of him. Lucas walked over to Joshua calmly and smiled before punching him in the face and throwing him to the floor. Lucas kicked his stomach multiple times and threw him out the door, he got hit a few times near the mouth and stomach himself. He spit the excessive blood out of his mouth, he knelt down and took a few hard breaths. I locked the door and fell down right behind him, I looked in Lucas' eyes and felt hurt, I panicked and stood up, I grabbed a med kit and a rag. I placed the things on the counter as soon as I saw him stand up.

"Don't haste, please." I spoke, touching his shoulder and making him sit on the couch

"I'm sorry, It's my fault your injured. You always save me, I owe my life to you." I said, placing my hand on top of his.

I couldn't help, but think, what were we? Were we an item, friends? I love him so much it hurts not knowing what we could be.

"What are we?" We echoed in tune

We instantly looked at each other with our cheeks flushed, I took a breath.

"I want to be more, I want to kiss you everyday and laugh with you. I want to be yours." I announced

I stood up, taking the med kit and rag off the counter and going back to Lucas. I dabbed his arm and his face with the rag and hydrogen peroxide. I took the med kit and placed band aids on his arms and I put pressure on his stomach as I looked at the bruise. I laid him back and held his hand tightly

"This is going to hurt like a bitch, I need you to stay calm. One, two..three" I said before dabbing another rag with rubbing alcohol. Lucas shot up in pain, but pulled himself back. I placed the rag down and pulled his shirt back down.

"M-Maya?" Lucas gulped rubbing his strand of hair with his fingers.

I looked at him and replied with a simple smile, as I put my hair in a bun. 

"You're already mine." Lucas said shyly

I couldn't respond with the amount of butterflies I felt surrounding me, I faced the other way and closed my eyes.

"T-Thanks." I gulped 

I realized, I had never finished cooking. I dove to the kitchen quickly and saw the dried dough and soggy sauce, I frowned. I threw the dough out and put the sauce back in the fridge. I was so bored stuck at home, I sat next Lucas who was watching TV.

I sighed, trying to send signs, but he never caught them. He looked back at me and smirked, he turned off the TV, and took my hand.

"Is Maya Hart trying to tell me something?" Lucas questioned sarcastically

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, I bat my eyelashes at him and eyed at the door.

"Oh, you want to go out? I-I mean like, uh, somewhere?" Lucas said, trying to save himself

I giggled and nodded, I ran over to our room and picked out an outfit. I took out a blue collared shirt with a black and white design on the pocket, a black flowing skirt up to my thighs, black inch heals, and a black purse. I got dressed and sat on the bed, I waited for Lucas who was taking forever.

"Lucas hurry up! It's been 30 minutes!" I whined, falling against the bed.

"Give me 1 more minute!" Lucas shouted from the bathroom, I wondered why he was taking so long

(LUCAS POV) 

Today was the day I would ask Maya to be mine, officially mine, my girlfriend. I paced back and forth, talking to myself and trying to make pick up lines.

"Hey, w-would you like to be, like m-my girlfriend?" I whispered to myself, I face-palmed.

"I'm going to tame you! But you can tame me?!?" I whispered, what the hell

I decided just to say it at the right time and be myself, oh who am I kidding, I CANT BE MYSELF.

I opened the door and walked over to Maya who was looking beautiful as always, she looked up to see me and she clapped, she a stood up and ran towards the apartment door and opened it. I looked at her gleeful soul and ran after her, I took out my car keys and locked the door.

...

I took her to Topanga's, the place we all hung out as a group, the place we had our awkward first date, the place were I realized my feelings for her. We entered Topanga's and I took in that wonderful scent of fresh out of the oven cookies, I saw Maya rush over to the counter to then turn around and sigh. She walked over to the couch chair and sat down, she folded her hands together and held her breath, I looked down at her. I should've told her the secret..

"Maya, I know..what happened to.. your mom" I blurt out

Maya looked over at me shocked and stood up almost immediately, she then backed away and shook her head.

"Maya, she had cancer, she left because she wouldn't be able to work or feed you. She told me to keep her promise, shes gone." I declared, not able to face her

Maya's tears rolled down, her saddened face was replaced with anger. 

"How could you?! You're lying, you're lying! Please, don't be true." Maya sobbed

I pulled on her wrist and looked her tears that were overwhelming.

"I should of told you, but I vowed that I would never say a word. She told me because she had faith in me and she told me to tell you she loved you so much that she would have to risk her own life just to save yours." I responded

"Let go of me! I hate you, I hate you!" Maya cried, punching at my chest.

I pulled her into a hug as she sobbed, we both fell to the floor as I caressed her hair. I picked up my phone and called Riley and Farkle

"I need you." I whispered, before ending the call and sighing.

Maya's sobs took over me and before I knew it, I was crying myself.