Graduation

I held Maya in my embrace as I slowly spoke to Farkle and Riley, they both proceeded to gasp and quickly sympathized towards Maya. Maya sniffled and mourned, she screamed, but she held on very tightly. I shushed her as she cried in pain, little did we know Mercedes was standing right at the door with the rest of the Matthew's family. She let go of Topanga's hand and ran over to Maya, she hugged her softly and began crying.

"Mommy, cry!" Mercedes wailed, she stomped her feet and cried louder

I let go of Maya slowly and picked her up, I looked at her and saddened

"Mommy is okay, shes not crying anymore." I said as Maya looked up at Mercedes and sighed

Maya stood up and took Mercedes in her arms, she smiled a fake smile to try to block all the emotions she was feeling

"Mommy will do the best for you, Grandma is proud." Maya let out almost breaking more as she kissed Mercedes forehead and let her down.

"Come on lets go play with Aunt Riley and Uncle Farkle!" Riley smiled, making up an excuse to give Maya some time to calm down.

Mercedes stopped crying and took Riley's hand with the company of Farkle by her side.

Maya sat down again and blocked her eyes with her hands, she pressed her lips together and looked up at me with her teary eyes, I sat next to her and she placed her shoulder on mine.

"You lied, it never gets easier does it?" Maya exhaled as she rested both her hands on her legs

I glanced at her and intertwined our fingers. I placed my hand on top of hers and kissed her cheek.

"It does, I promise." I murmured

(MAYAS POV)

I took a breath of relief

I needed to keep smiling, for my daughter, for my mother, for my family. I held Lucas' hand as everybody looked at us with small smiles. They hugged both of us and all of the sudden Topanga said the words that made me feel balanced and hopeful.

"My little girl, my second daughter who has grown so precious. Your mother is so proud of you, shes up in the heavens congratulating you, shes so happy to see her child transform into a beautiful young woman. Honey, no matter what I will always be here, I'm not replacing your mother, I'm doing this for her and you could always come to our home. It's your second home where we will be waiting."

I didn't respond, I was flushed with tears that grew stronger and fell off my chin, Topanga opened her arms as I flew into them and rested my head on her shoulder. I held on to her tightly and cried silently, tears of joy.

We pulled away as soon as Lucas took my hand, Mercedes was already on his shoulder. I would do anything to make my little bundle of joy happy, that's what my mother would of wanted.

"Thank you, for coming here. I'm so grateful to have you all and I know its been tough for you too, I know the best will come and soon enough we'll be back here. With more happiness, more love, and we have each other. I lost a lot of things, but I didn't lose you guys and I hope I never will."

I smiled at them as Lucas, Mercedes, and I walked hand and hand out the door. I'll never forget this, never.

(2 DAYS LATER)

"I can't believe we are all actually graduating, It doesn't feel like three years have past. I don't even know what college I'm going to." I spoke as I held the phone with my shoulder.

"Maya, don't worry about that! Well at least some parts of it, I have something to tell you." Riley laughed

"Hm?" I hummed, while picking out an outfit for graduation, I put the blue cap on and checked my self out in the mirror

"Farkle asked me to be his girlfriend.." Riley squealed

My eyes widened and my smile became bigger.

"What, really?! What did you say!" I screamed happily

"Yes!" Riley laughed
I screamed loudly and started to run around the room, I laughed loudly and squealed with Riley. I turned around to see Lucas with a huge grin on his face. I gasped and quickly stood still and awkwardly waved to him.

"I'll call you back, congrats! Bye-bye." I said as I hung up

Lucas smiled and hoisted me up in the sky, he spun me around and put me back down as I blushed.

"Ready for graduation?" Lucas asked gleefully

I nodded my head and went back to fixing outfits, I decided to wear a lace dress with a ribbon on the front. I looked at the blue capping gown and smiled, I'm actually graduating.

...

We all took our places as each individual's names were called, I had written a speech for all of my fellow students. Riley was called first and her happiness made everyone feel a warm tingle inside, she took her scroll and tears flushed down her eyes, Lucas was next and he seemed truly joyful. Farkle was after Riley and Lucas, he was awarded and became an honorary student.

"Maya Hart!"

My name was announced, oh my god. My heart jumped as I walked on the stage and accepted my scroll. I cleared my throat before speaking and folded my hands together, tears ran down my eyes.

"I never imagined being here, I was so scared with everything. My future took a turn and so did my plans, but I'm still here. All of you came here for a reason and I know life will treat you good even with your ups and downs. I hope to see you all again, because the students, the teachers, everyone in this whole room defined my future, you gave me the hope to stay strong. I'm so thankful for all of you and my family, without you I wouldn't be here. Thank you to everyone who believed in me and thank you to the ones who brought me down only to bring me back up. Congratulations, Class of 2016!" I spoke, hearing faint crying in the back

I got off the stage and got in my place, we had our hands in position as we threw the caps off our heads. Cheering was heard everywhere as everybody clapped, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I sat back down as soon as I saw, I looked at Lucas and held my breath.

"Marry me?" Lucas said with an opened box in his hand.