Mercedes

I walked towards the apartment complex holding hands with Mercedes, making sure she was tucked up as I watched her breathe in the cold air and wrinkle her nose. We entered the complex and warmed ourselves up, calling the elevator, and taking our coats off.

"Mommy, I feel sick" Mercedes coughed

I checked her temperature and gasped, quickly swiping her up as the elevator door opened. I ran towards our apartment door while sweat dripped off my forehead as I opened the door. I took her rain boots off and scurried into her room.

"It's okay, shh" I whispered as I kissed her forehead and changed her into her pajamas. I tucked her into the bed and planted a moist towel on her head and gave her medicine. I sang her a little lullaby as she closed her eyes.

I watched my daughter sleep peacefully, but I was still frustrated with myself. I couldn't bare to watch her in pain, I slowly got up and closed the door. I reached towards the kitchen and slipped on Mercedes' doll, falling on my stomach. I groaned and wheezed in pain, quickly I sat up and cried silently until I got a knock on the door.

I walked over to the door and checked to see who it was, Lucas. Perfect timing

I grit my teeth as I opened the door and sighed.

"Maya, I came over to work on the science project." Lucas said, inviting himself in.

He would usually come over on Friday afternoon after school when Mercedes was in daycare. Well, shit, I'm screwed.

"Okay." I mumbled, trying not to show off my tears, until he looked at me.

He stopped everything he was doing and stared at me, I gulped hard and glanced side to side.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay? Is it Josh? I told you he's not safe." Lucas bombarded, pulling me in for a hug

A whine came from the hallway and a faint cry could be heard. I looked up at Lucas and I tried running over to the room, but he caught my wrist in time.

"Maya, please tell me it isn't his." Lucas sighed

"Its not. She's not." I spoke dull as ever.

I pushed Lucas off me to go tend to my daughter and I opened the door with Lucas following. Mercedes stopped crying and stared blankly at Lucas as if she saw something, something she recognized. She got up off her bed and walked towards him, she looked up at him while I stood there shocked. I looked at Lucas and I was almost in tears by then, she knew.

"Daddy!" Mercedes squeaked as she wrapped herself around his leg.

Lucas looked at me and then looked down, he looked at me again with his eyes staring directly in my soul, my soul. My heart shattered and I felt the tears rush, soon to drip off my chin.

Mercedes was following Lucas everywhere, he sat on the couch and she slept on his lap. He pressed his thumbs and breathed slowly.

"I-I know this is a lot, I never wanted to put you through this. You don't have to help us, we're in good conditions and I understand if you don't want to raise h-" I broke

"Maya, I'm going to raise her and I'm going to help you. I put you in this position and I never wanted to see you down." Lucas said as he looked at Mercedes.

"Why Mercedes?" Lucas asked, trying not to grin

"You said you wanted a Mercedes for a car once you became a professional baseball player" I smiled, placing the doll on top of Mercedes.

"If you want to talk more about it, we can. I can take her to her room." I offered

"No, I can do it, I want you to rest." Lucas implied "Mercedes is a perfect name."

"Thank you.." I muttered under my breath as I blushed.

He took her into her room and I sat on the couch, I laid down and took Lucas' jacket. It smelled like him and it was warm. I hugged it and closed my eyes, feeling butterflies before I drifted off into a long lasting sleep. We were only fifteen, now that we're eighteen everything has changed.

(LUCAS POV)

I put Mercedes in her bed and looked at her for a brief moment, she had Maya's eyes and they looked exactly alike except for the nose and the hair, those were a replica of my own. I kissed her forehead and tucked her in, my princess..

I closed the door behind me to see Maya tugging at my jacket in her sleep. I smiled as I leaned against the wall and watched her for a minute until taking her into her own bedroom and laying her down on my lap. I looked around her room as she slept and noticed the paintings she had made, the one with the door always got me thinking, thinking about her.

She, after countless hours woke up; realizing the position we were in as she was sleeping. She dove up and blushed before trying to get up to check on Mercedes, I pulled her back.

" I checked on her, don't worry, shes drifting in her own little magical world." I said as Maya's worried expression soon changed to a relaxed one.

"Y'know the hardest thing about being pregnant at fifteen was keeping it in, until I told the principal. She told me that she would give me a teacher who could home school me and of course it was after my mom left. The teacher and I became really close and I grew fond of her, she was there when I gave birth, her name was Angela. I miss her these days, it feels weird to be a mom, to be here, but I don't regret it." Maya confessed, pulling out a sketch book and pencil

I looked at her and couldn't believe a word she said, I was so proud of her, she was so brave.

"I admire you, you're the bravest girl I have ever met and I can't be any more prouder than you. I thought Maya Hart was that rebel everybody liked who was dangerous and full of fire, but now I see a beautiful woman in front of me who has gone through the best and worst. Maya, I want to raise Mercedes with you, I want to be here and by the time we graduate, by the time we finish college, when we become older, everything. I wouldn't change that for the world. Knowing you was weird at first, but I couldn't help but love knowing you, knowing that I'm a father, knowing that no matter what happens you will still be the blonde beauty with hope." I smiled, pushing back the strands of her hair behind her ear as she cried

She sobbed, letting go of the sketch book and pencil to embrace me.

"Thank you, for everything" Maya sobbed, soon stopping and letting go of me.

She looked at me one last time before leaning in and pressing her lips on mine. Her kiss was soft and warm, like everything had stopped and it was only us, I couldn't help it..

I had fallen for Maya Penelope Hart all over again.