"Hey where have you been?" Austin asked looking around me for Elias.

"At the lake," I said playing with the hem of my dress.

"Oh. Well are you going to answer my question?" Austin asked pulling my chin up to look at me.

"Not tonight, Austin. I'm tired. I'm going to bed," I said dropping my gaze. I was about to walk away until he grabbed my arm. I turned to look at his strained expression.

"What did Elias say?" He asked through his teeth. I tried pulling my arm free, but his grip only tightened.

"Let go," I said feeling slightly frightened. I kept pulling until he finally let me free. Rubbing my arm, I walked inside. People were passed out on the couch and rug while the rest were in the kitchen drinking. Elias had his arm wrapped around Stella's waist, pulling her in closer. His eyes drifted up until his gaze caught mine. A sly smirk played on his face like he knew every secret I buried in me and was using it to blackmail me. My heart began to ache as I watched him plant kisses down her neck. I was strong. I didn't need to watch this. My blood boiled as I ran upstairs to the bedroom, kicking out a random couple. I stripped out of the dress and into a pair of sweats and a thin blue hoodie.

"I hate you," I whispered to myself thinking of Elias. I grabbed my iPod and lied down on my bed. Tears cascaded down my cheeks staining the pillow. I couldn't understand Elias. One moment he was confessing to me then the next he was swapping saliva with Stella. Am I really that worthless? I closed my eyes tightly feeling the warm liquid slip from in between my eyelids.

I guess you really are that replaceable, Alex. You mean nothing to him. You were just his toy. You were a challenge. Everything meant nothing....

* * * * * * * *

"Wake up sleepy head!" Sam yelled banging her pillow against my head. I squinted, trying to open my puffy eyes.

"Why?" I yawned turning over. The sun shined through the window, but I wasn't in the mood for happiness and rainbows. Laughing, she got on top of me and continued to hit me.

"Because we made breakfast and you're the only one who hasn't eaten," She said. I smacked her off of me and sat up. My hair hung over my face as I rubbed my eyes.

"Okay, okay I'm up," I yawned crawling out of bed. I stumbled down the stairs into an aroma of pancakes and Bacon. I grabbed a plate and served myself a stack of chocolate and banana pancakes.

"Almost forgot how much you could eat," Chris chuckled placing his plate in the sink. I flicked a piece of Bacon I found at him.

"Shut up, fatty," I laughed as I watched him catch it in his mouth. He smiled giving me a thumbs up. Finishing off my plate, I walked outside to see everyone cleaning, except for Elias. I looked around to see he was sitting on the beach. I felt my insides boil, but contained myself. I didn't want to blow up at anyone else except for him.

"Are you going to help?" Lexi asked throwing me a trash bag. I picked it up and began tossing cups and broken bottles into it. My nose scrunched at the smell of excessive alcohol and aromas of stale food. After filling the bag I took it to the large dumpster we bought. Elias was still at the lake smoking. Shaking my head, I walked toward him. I stood above him crossing my arms.

"Aren't you going to help?" I gritted through my teeth. His focus stayed on the lake. He played with the cigarette between his fingers before throwing it into the lake.

"Already did." He said, standing up. His voice was cold and monotone. I felt a pang of guilt itch at my chest. Before I could apologize, he pushed past me and headed toward the cabin. Sighing, I sat down in the sand and watched the crystal water swirl into different shapes under the sun. I lied down and watched clouds play with memories I thought I'd forgotten.

-Flashback/ 7th grade-

I banged my locker in hopes it would open. 22...6...4... I pulled on the lock, freeing it from its latch. Opening it, papers flew.

"Great," I mumbled. I squatted down and picked up the loose papers.

"Here," A hand held out my music sheets. I looked up to see a pair of dark chocolate eyes settling on mine. His raven hair framed his handsome face, stopping just after his eyes.

"Thanks," I cleared my throat, taking the papers from him. We both stood up in unison.

"No problem," He smiled as I stuffed the papers back into my locker.

"Elias! Man, Let's go...Hey Alex," I heard someone shout. I turned to see Chris, my best friend's boyfriend, waiting with his skate board. We waved to each other, a smile plastered on his lips.

"Got to go. See you later..." He trailed off not realizing my name.

"Alex," I finished for him, "And you're Elias." I said mostly to myself. He rose an eyebrow in curiosity.

"You don't stalk me do you?" He teased

"What no! He just said-"

"I know. I was just messing with you," He laughed at me as I tried to defend myself. I glared at him in annoyance.

"Whatever," I sighed. He let out a soft chuckle, then sped off on his skate board. I watched as they both disappeared from my view. I shook my head closing my locker.

"What was that about?" Sam asked, her emerald eyes lightened with amusement.

"Nothing," I sighed walking toward our seventh grade English class.

"Someone's in a bitchy mood," She joked. I laughed sarcastically, ignoring her teasingness. My thoughts clouded with images of Elias, not allowing me to think of anyone else.

"Who's Elias?" I asked Sam. She stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Chris's asshole best friend. Don't even think about him. He's toxic for you," Sam said, her icy stare startling me. Wide eyed, I nodded and followed her into class and shook away any image of Elias.

-End-

"Get up lazy," Austin said, lightly kicking my side. I blinked my eyes opened to see him towering over me. He held out a hand and I thankfully took it.

"Thanks," I smiled following him back to the cabin. He turned to face me and stopped me from walking.

"Alex.. can you give me an answer yet?" He asked, his blue eyes glowing. I looked around him to see Elias and Chris watching us. Ignoring our audience, I focused on Austin.

"Yes. I'd like to be your girlfriend," I smiled taking his hand in mine. A smile formed on his lips as he hugged me and spun me around. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he gently placed me back on the ground. He kissed me lightly on the lips before intertwining our hands. Our hands didn't fit like a puzzle piece, but it was nice having him hold me. Elias's expression was hardly readable and Chris just stared in confusion.

"She said yes," Austin grinned at Elias. Elias smirked then walked inside. I held tightly to his hand, squeezing it. If Elias didn't want me, I wasn't going to wait.